Limiting a class for players

Garychios

(edited)

Let me explain, just a thought.  But is it possible to limit a class to players.  All I see is the same class (hunter or boomer) being used over and over from certain individuals. 

So they boom till they get a tank or they hunt three times and get a tank.  Nothing special about that, and actually dont contribute till the tank is purchased.

Edited by Garychios
  • Like 1

Why implement a change to the server base on certain players? Next thing we can say certain individual players just use rifles all day and never use a shotgun, let's change the server just BECAUSE of them..

• Like 8

I can see his angle on this issue. The game simply becomes first to tank wins, which to an extent, can be true. While on the subject of limiters, why not just nerf the AWP? Nerf it a lot or get rid of it. Do away with the mp5 if you get rid of anything. Garbage gun.

• Like 1

But....I like being a boomer, I like being a hunter.  I use charger sometimes.  I hate hate hate smoker.  I rarely care about being a jockey.  Spitter is good for certain spots.

Please don't change things!

Classes are good for certain situations/maps.  Spitters on our server are useless if used in certain areas at certain times (better for choke points and when more than one incap exists).  Jockeys are good when surpising 1 or 2 people away from their group.  Smokers are really easy to get out of the pull, and mainly good for certain spots on each map only.  Forcing people to play the wrong classes (at certain times of the map), doesn't make for better gameplay.

If we think boomers and hunters are used too much, we would be better off either giving more incentive for playing other classes, as opposed to penalizing them for being hunter/boomer.  Give more points as rewards for damage when using smokers and jockeys.  Make them stronger somehow.   Give spitters more damage for hitting a single incap or for people standing in spit for just a short amount of time.

I would prefer no changes though.

• Like 2

Nothing special about that, and actually dont contribute till the tank is purchased.

You think we "don't contribute till the tank is purchased?" Take for example Dead Air 2, going up that ladder. Hitting a survivor going up that ladder means pushing him back down and allowing a spit to be placed, or a smoker to pull him behind the van. For my case, I know I just don't straight up pounce them, but that is only because I give myself enough time to set up the pounce so I won't miss with a high damage pounce at that spot, but I still work with my team.

It may look in some spots that I am only playing for myself, and sometimes that is true, but the more I can stop/incap a low survivor, the more spit that can be thrown into the survivors, and the more survivors that can be either pulled/charged into said spit.

For example, a survivor who is yellow is my main target because he has at max 39 health. If I 25 him, I have at max three hits before the dude is incapped, but in a lot of cases will incap them on the spot just from the initial damage.

Also think of this, anytime I hit a survivor for a 25, I chip 1/4th of his health away, that is a major potion of his heath, and if i get 1-2 hits at 5 health damage each, that is 1/3rd of the survivors health, and if he, the survivor, has already be chipped, then I will slow him down to a limp, allowing more time for my infected buddies to get in there.

I open opportunities, whether or not my team takes them is up to them.

But I am helping my team while also gaining points, but you don't see these things do you? I wonder if you realize that you lose 1/4th of your health on impact, or maybe even the 1/3rd I take from you if I stay on you for 1-2 hits, instead of just, "That's his 3rd 25, he has skydiver and a tank." And if you do realize that we are taking 1/4th of your health, then you cannot say we don't contribute to the team till we get the tank, because any damage to the survivors no matter how small is helping your team, because its that extra 1 damage that takes a survivor from 40 to 39 and slows him down a big amount.

And by the way, I am talking about that one common that hits you when you are at 40 and brings you down to a 39 all because the boomer had puked on you.

Edited by MurderinClony
  • Like 1

Not about me? In general, no.

But by this description...

All I see is the same class (hunter or boomer) being used over and over from certain individuals. 

So they boom till they get a tank or they hunt three times and get a tank.

I can guess that I am included into this post, and therefore, gave my side of the story.

And I didn't use only "I" in my post, I used the word "we" as in, we that do this.

Edited by MurderinClony

I would see this as a negative.  There might be occasions that need a specific class and because the class manager has determined you use it too much, you can not switch to it.  And with the (infrequent) glitches of the afk manager, and the associated complaining about it.  I would not like to think about the level of complaining you would get with a class manager.

(edited)

Not about me? In general, no.

But by this description...

All I see is the same class (hunter or boomer) being used over and over from certain individuals. 

So they boom till they get a tank or they hunt three times and get a tank.

I can guess that I am included into this post, and therefore, gave my side of the story.

And I didn't use only "I" in my post, I used the word "we" as in, we that do this.

Based on "used over and over from certain individuals" and Clony's "we"... I guess I am included in those individuals too.

As you may have noticed everyone on this server does rocket a boomer over and over again in almost every map of the game. It doesn't take too much time to get used to the way the high jump works, and since everyone does it the survivors should be always watching the sky, specially in Dark Carnival. It is what I do, if any of the high pouncers are on the other team I watch the sky constantly skeeting any hunter and boomer if I can.

If the survivors are not watching the sky, hunters and boomers doesn't have to do any effort whatsoever to pounce or puke on all the survivors.

It is not too hard to stop a hunter from pouncing around the invisible/visible walls.

Want to make it easier to skeet hunters? Use AWP.

In my case, hunter isn't my primary class. You may think that most of us are the only hunters on the sky but that isn't true, you can't tell who is who unless you kill the hunter but you never see us as Boomers, Chargers, Jockeys or even Spitters because they're not that much exposed as the hunter when it is flying around the walls.

Based on this stats.... http://www.gamrs.co/l4d/stats/player.php?steamid=STEAM_1:1:18444008

In my case, my favorite class is the Charger with 7,243 spawns followed by the hunter with 6,431 spawns (and 2,698 successful pounces that's a 41% hit rate).

You can check the other "boomer/hunter only" players and you will see that those players doesn't always stick with one class the entire campaign.

Edited by Jose

(edited)

I have reiterated before that the problem is not about the players and please avoid using us as an reason to pass this sort of change. We only use the built-in system to our benefit and it is the buy system that have forge our gameplay as well our game style. Want to change the popular trend? Start with the with main root.

First off, this server is always a mad rush to get points for a tank. Once all spawn limit are maxed out with the actives already purchased, the only viable option is to get a tank. I say is the only viable option because it's the most reliable as well the most effective purchase you can use with 50 points. Other purchases are either random or doesn't always work toward your favor. Witch spawning in non-survivor zones or getting stumble to death with a single purchase of explosion ammo. The Infected medkit (which use to be better back then imo) has a random chance of happening, short announcement for the team and requires your teammates to finish the job you intend to setup with. Plus, the infected medkit are only useful during the beginning and midway of the map because everyone should have use their medkits by then and are already hording up points to buy !heal instead. So that choice already dies off midway through a game.

Secondly, is the point difference between buying a tank and the other options. As I've mention above and the fact people love to be a tank, other choices pale in comparison. Let's say...35 points for a dangerous witch that will get snuff out or wait a few more minutes to get a tank that I can throw this car around like a hot potato? Oh, would you look at that. I already gain enough points to buy myself another heal or buy another tank so I can stop hearing my tank grunting from being on fire.

Thirdly, let's break down the special infected into two category our server system have ultimately separated them into. Utility and point farmer.

Utility:

Smoker

Charger

Jockey

Point Farmer:

Spitter

Boomer

Hunter

I think we can all agree and understand the implications of this list. No further explanation is necessary.

Lastly, anything the infected do is a contribution to the team regardless how small it is. Yes, even that useless spitter spitting openly with no survivors being pin down and giving them a tickle bath because who knows, they might just stay there long enough to make a difference. But there's no way you can deny a hunter not contributing to the team when she/he land enough DAMAGE to get points for a TANK. Or a boomer causing much blindness, players in wow I can't see mucho deniro 24/7.

Last to lastly, either buff, nerf or equalize the differences between the special infected to make it worthwhile while remaining rewarded.

Edit: grammer grammar

Edited by Jerkoff
  • Like 1

Yes, even that useless spitter spitting openly with no survivors being pin down and giving them a tickle bath because who knows, they might just stay there long enough to make a difference.

That's another thing I do, when I see a spitter spitting too late I tend to pounce the survivor that is on the spit and pin him, even though it's a 1 pt pounce.

Let me explain, just a thought.  But is it possible to limit a class to players.  All I see is the same class (hunter or boomer) being used over and over from certain individuals. 

So they boom till they get a tank or they hunt three times and get a tank.  Nothing special about that, and actually dont contribute till the tank is purchased.

do i hear crying? :P

If people are doing it for the sole purpose of farming points, maybe we should penalise it from that aspect. 

I suggest making it cost 1 point to choose which class you spawn as, otherwise you get given a random class.

You purchase a tank  some random player gets it is what i would change it to

That's how it used to be, everyone complained that they didn't get to play the tank they paid for. Perhaps bringing this back would help bring some balance to the teams or perhaps it will result in more verbal abuse for the noobies.

• Like 2

That's how it used to be, everyone complained that they didn't get to play the tank they paid for. Perhaps bringing this back would help bring some balance to the teams or perhaps it will result in more verbal abuse for the noobies.

I remember those days, baad idea.

I want to pounce Turbo all the time now.

• Like 1

GC Server Admin

I remember those days, baad idea.

I want to pounce Turbo all the time now.

Maybe if this happened people would play as a team instead of just going for a tank.