General L4D2 Chat

Pumpernickel

This thread isn't intended for serious discussion per se but it can't be. It's more of s thread to just talk about good and bad times on the server. We have topics getting a little out of hand with unrelated side chat so let's focus that here. Lastly, don't use this as a means to stir the pot with other players.

There needs to be a Leave Peanut Alone video by that Chris Crocker guy. Peanut is such a nice admin. Let him live his life, you monsters!

Is anyone else sick of laser sights?  They seem to break the very thing that balances out most of the guns.  Many trade power for accuracy and the laser sights completely ruin that.  Not only that, but it's one of the things that makes it harder for people who aren't used to the !buy system to keep up.

Is anyone else sick of laser sights?  They seem to break the very thing that balances out most of the guns.  Many trade power for accuracy and the laser sights completely ruin that.  Not only that, but it's one of the things that makes it harder for people who aren't used to the !buy system to keep up.

Same here. I find access to laser sights far too easy especially for good players who can buy one as soon they get out of the saferoom door. The points for laser should be on par with other guns. Or some sort of upkeep on lasers, like a 2 minute time limit before it needs to be repurchase again like !ammo.

So I guess this isn't General L4D2 chat anymore...since this thread has already morphed into exactly what Pump didn't want.  Best part is he's adding to the convo!  I'm not ridiculing, I'm just laughing about how any thread we create gets sidetracked. 

Anyways, I completely agree that the Laser cost is low, esspecially for weapons with higher power, like the AK or M60 (my favorite weapon for Finales).  I think the cost for the laser should increase based on the weapon it's getting put on, but start the cost at 5 points, and go up from there, since it's too cheap to begin with. 

I don't think there should be a timer on the laser though...that just adds to frustration.

On a side note...here's my own zombie stomper:

post-4369-0-66477700-1406676717_thumb.jpg

This thread isn't intended for serious discussion per se but it can't be. It's more of s thread to just talk about good and bad times on the server. 

Hey Talpa remember all the good times we had together?  Me teleporting you into the floor, me skeet shooting you as a hunter while in spectator, using the explosion admin command... (RIP explosion command), me infecting you... good times.

It would be awesome if more people used !np when they need points.  I'm more inclined to send points to people who use this command.

+1, instead of saying through mic.

so thats why the fireworks always get spamed.... how much point do they cost?

those squared bastard have eaten up more than one one my hordes....

and i quite like the mp5, dont realy know how eficient it realy is, but its a good alternative when there isnt a SIG SG552 around.

640px-SG-552_whitebg.png

It would be awesome if more people used !np when they need points.  I'm more inclined to send points to people who use this command.

if you don't use !np, you don't need points from my perspective

then like a minute after a couple of people die,

"hey -name of the week-, you have points why don't you use/ send them"

mfw  :mad:

• Like 2

I think I honestly prefer people who don't ask for points over people who hoard points. If most of your team is down and you're sitting there with 30+ points and aren't sending them out I'm secretly hoping you're going to get killed.......... just sayin'.

I think I'm going to agree with you on that one. There was someone who was incapped right in front of us and I sent all my points (14) to him. I don't know if he was totally out of points or something but he wasn't able to heal and died. It wasn't until the next few rounds that we realized he didn't know how to use points. Sigh.

then like a minute after a couple of people die,

"hey -name of the week-, you have points why don't you use/ send them"

mfw  :mad:

That's mfw people scream down the mic "I need points"

That's all well and good that you need points dude, but what's your name?  Me is not a sufficient answer ... unless your name in game is "me".

Yellowsun that's why I use my mic and ask them if they know how to use points before I send them if it's a name I recognize..I've lost a lot of points from doing that also It sucks!. As to asking for points, I use both methods mic(saying my name SASSSSSSSSSY) and typing, SWAT hooks me up with the points!! lol On a side side just remember some people don't have their commands binded so it takes them a while to type it, well a lot longer than just hitting a key.

yea...points sent to newbies unasked frequently results in the points going into a black hole

anyways, kinda back on topic:

mods on l4d2 make the game much more fun

some gun mods are super cool but have godawful animations or models

Speaking of mods, I encourage EVERYONE to get chrome skins or gold. That depends on how gaudy you want to be. You can now kill in style that's funky fresh. Also, never send points to people you don't know or those who don't ask.(never send them to sassy. She's kissing the ground 9/10) You people should know better. Tsk tsk tsk.

• Like 1

i normaly just send to those that i recognize as regulars, even if they dont need them ATM they can redistribute them properly and faster than me.

and im gona have to look into those binds, been dying a lot while trying to type !heal lately...

Just so we're clear, there isn't a defined subject to discuss here. This is all L4D related so chat on. Just don't spam.

Anzul, I rarely see players distribute points to players here and there. My advice is send them to a dead player who actively communicates with the team and just tell him or herto dispense points as needed.

Attacking anzulmarrill is a go now.

i normaly just send to those that i recognize as regulars, even if they dont need them ATM they can redistribute them properly and faster than me.

à

and im gona have to look into those binds, been dying a lot while trying to type !heal lately...

This is the bind file that I use and it works brilliantly (Thanks GravityKitty).

To send points, I use 'i' , I've been meaning to change it but haven't gotten around to it. But this is why I encourage people to use !np, so when it comes up I press that button and usually the person who asked first gets the points.

• Like 1

I use my number keypad on my keyboard, it's like 3 inches away from my mouse so it makes it easy. Currently 7-0 are all bound with something. Some new ones that I don't even know what the heck they are. :\

• Like 1