Left4Fix

JackieChan

Left4Fix  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Crasx has briefly brought this up before I believe and wasn't received very well, but I think we should discuss it a bit more.

What is Left4Fix?

It's a Left 4 Dead 2 extension that counts map progression for ALL players, not just mains.  It will also allow ghost infected to warp to EVERY Survivor player, not just the 4 mains.  It also has the tie-breaker window come up again if there is ever a tie.

Here is a video showing it off:

Let me know what you guys think.

• Like 5

I think this is the best idea you've ever had Jackie. Please please please add this.

Personally I love the idea of being able to warp to any of the survivors, this would be very handy for anyone who respawns far back.

It's rare when the same amount of survivors make it to the safe room but it'd be awesome to see which team does the most damage and gets the bonus.

Until I learned about the concept of mains, I always thought that each player contributed to the team points as the game progressed. The concept of "mains" boggles my mind and I view them only as a byproduct of poor coding when the initial extension to allow for 10vs.10 was made (i.e., never addressed the points issue, but simply wanted more players in the game).

So yes, please put this in. 

Edited by BroiledDumplings

GC Server Admin

Half the team dead, which mains are we going to defib - everyone.....?  Not bloody likely, new people probably won't get defibbed, especially if they don't communicate and don't know or are unwilling to use the point system.  The likes of Swat and General will probably always get defibbed - yes, believe it or not, they do die sometimes.

• Like 1

I agree that every survivor becoming a "main" is going to be annoying but I think all of the other things far outweigh that. And if a couple of people are lucky enough to make it to the saferoom they should get main points, unless they rushed there in that case just slay em. XD

• Like 1

Im going to say no, all the way for this. The four mains is the crucial part of this 10v10 that makes it different than the other servers. No longer is it "Im surviving only to get my team points because I count towards points for my teams," and in this server its, "I dont contribute to my team score wise but I can if I keep my mains alive, I will help my team the best that I can." I see this 4 main thing as a way to encourage teamwork, but with this 10 main theory it will destroy the whole idea of it, let me explain.

I believe if this gets implemented, a great deal more complaints will come of people rushing and the rushing rules will be bent even further than they are now. Now everyone is seen as getting points and because of this, everyone will look for any sort of excuse to push and get the teams points saying "I got us some points before we all died" when the team wasn't actually in grave danger, but was put that way after they left. Now instead of it being more than half the team incapped at the back with 4 survivors standing and fighting a tank that is close to dying, its going to be about 4 people down in the back, and the other 6 are running away getting points because they see it as "half" the team when the tank is full on health because everyone ran in fear rather than shoot it. Along with these 6 survivors rushing, it will no longer be about saving people, it will be every man for himself. The moment those 6 abandoned 4 perfectly good survivors in the back it became a free-for-all and the fight for the finish will ensue. With each new survivor to be incapped and or pinned, no longer will they be worth saving because more points can be made with 5 pushing forward than all 5 stopping to save a now slower 6th player who will be attacked even more and end up down, and a line of dead bodies will string towards the saferoom until the last survivor makes it or dies.

Teleporting to every survivor is perfectly fine and that seems like a nice idea but unless you know exactly where each survivor is and which way you will be turned when you face the survivor you want to attack, the time it takes you to assess your surroundings, find out exactly which way you are facing, which way the survivor is headed, where the spawn points are at, and how to get there from your new locatoin will have taken longer than spawn jumping to the location you know you should be at, know where it is, and know how to get there because you already know your surroundings and know which way to go. Not to mention the fact that if you have any amount of lag at all or if you just dont realize that "this" survivor is the one I'm looking for, hitting "E" one too many times will make you have to loop all the way back around if it is only 1 survivor stuck in the back, then you will have wasted your time going back to him to find out he is back with the team again.

I also believe that less points will be shared around to help the team and or mains because now some of the more "c-o-c-k-y" (as to not get caught by the forum filter for a word that is not bad but contains a bad word) players feel they could get further with their own heal points than they could by passing some points to a person behind them who will just get capped again and their points will be wasted.

Either this will happen or the players who tend to look down on themselves, or know that other players are better, will tend to send their points not to the people who need it, regardless of skill, but to the best player who has the best chance of survival and getting the team the most points. And now 1 player holds all the points which he doesnt need because he is still up when others are not but could be.

Also from this, originally people who were not mains, who told their team to go on or is a bot, will no longer be allowed to be left behind and must be saved. A judgement call by that player to tell the team to go will be overruled by the fact that everyone is now rushing when that player in the back is "perfectly" savable regardless of the location and the fact that all infected are waiting to assault all new players. This would lead to a hopeless rescue attempt that would ultimately not save the original downed survivor but kill him even faster along with knocking down another 2 or 3 survivors to which even more must come back down because the others will be seen as rushing and this just continues to the point where the team gets wiped because one survivor is downed. Rather than losing one survivor and making it to the saferoom and getting a great deal of points because 9v10 is not hard to handle, the team will have died halfway through, getting nothing more than a consolation prize just because one survivor got downed.

This is how I see it. Regardless if this gets implemented or not though, I will still play here.

• Like 4

clony, I think you're way overestimating the extent to which the survivors will adapt to the new scoring system. While it does give the rushers more incentive to go about their business, an average player who has consistently helped his team in the past will not be inclined to suddenly become a rusher as a result of this change. 

Im going to say no, all the way for this. The four mains is the crucial part of this 10v10 that makes it different than the other servers. No longer is it "Im surviving only to get my team points because I count towards points for my teams," and in this server its, "I dont contribute to my team score wise but I can if I keep my mains alive, I will help my team the best that I can." I see this 4 main thing as a way to encourage teamwork, but with this 10 main theory it will destroy the whole idea of it, let me explain.

I believe if this gets implemented, a great deal more complaints will come of people rushing and the rushing rules will be bent even further than they are now. Now everyone is seen as getting points and because of this, everyone will look for any sort of excuse to push and get the teams points saying "I got us some points before we all died" when the team wasn't actually in grave danger, but was put that way after they left. Now instead of it being more than half the team incapped at the back with 4 survivors standing and fighting a tank that is close to dying, its going to be about 4 people down in the back, and the other 6 are running away getting points because they see it as "half" the team when the tank is full on health because everyone ran in fear rather than shoot it. Along with these 6 survivors rushing, it will no longer be about saving people, it will be every man for himself. The moment those 6 abandoned 4 perfectly good survivors in the back it became a free-for-all and the fight for the finish will ensue. With each new survivor to be incapped and or pinned, no longer will they be worth saving because more points can be made with 5 pushing forward than all 5 stopping to save a now slower 6th player who will be attacked even more and end up down, and a line of dead bodies will string towards the saferoom until the last survivor makes it or dies.

Teleporting to every survivor is perfectly fine and that seems like a nice idea but unless you know exactly where each survivor is and which way you will be turned when you face the survivor you want to attack, the time it takes you to assess your surroundings, find out exactly which way you are facing, which way the survivor is headed, where the spawn points are at, and how to get there from your new locatoin will have taken longer than spawn jumping to the location you know you should be at, know where it is, and know how to get there because you already know your surroundings and know which way to go. Not to mention the fact that if you have any amount of lag at all or if you just dont realize that "this" survivor is the one I'm looking for, hitting "E" one too many times will make you have to loop all the way back around if it is only 1 survivor stuck in the back, then you will have wasted your time going back to him to find out he is back with the team again.

I also believe that less points will be shared around to help the team and or mains because now some of the more "c-o-c-k-y" (as to not get caught by the forum filter for a word that is not bad but contains a bad word) players feel they could get further with their own heal points than they could by passing some points to a person behind them who will just get capped again and their points will be wasted.

Either this will happen or the players who tend to look down on themselves, or know that other players are better, will tend to send their points not to the people who need it, regardless of skill, but to the best player who has the best chance of survival and getting the team the most points. And now 1 player holds all the points which he doesnt need because he is still up when others are not but could be.

Also from this, originally people who were not mains, who told their team to go on or is a bot, will no longer be allowed to be left behind and must be saved. A judgement call by that player to tell the team to go will be overruled by the fact that everyone is now rushing when that player in the back is "perfectly" savable regardless of the location and the fact that all infected are waiting to assault all new players. This would lead to a hopeless rescue attempt that would ultimately not save the original downed survivor but kill him even faster along with knocking down another 2 or 3 survivors to which even more must come back down because the others will be seen as rushing and this just continues to the point where the team gets wiped because one survivor is downed. Rather than losing one survivor and making it to the saferoom and getting a great deal of points because 9v10 is not hard to handle, the team will have died halfway through, getting nothing more than a consolation prize just because one survivor got downed.

This is how I see it. Regardless if this gets implemented or not though, I will still play here.

9784_600.jpg

• Like 3

@ Fenix, if you care about this server, I think you should read it, but if you don't well then, kudos for quick decisions

@robin, the changes wont happen instantaneously, but there will be a difference in how this server is played now and later down the road if this thing is implemented and there is a good chance people will start to think indivually instead of for their team

Edited by MurderinClony

@ Fenix, if you care about this server, I think you should read it, but if you don't well then, kudos for quick decisions

I read everyone else's because this server does matter to me.  By the time I got to yours, I already knew what I wanted in life.

This sounds super and fun and new and shiny and a new game play but oh my this sounds like its going to blow up. rushers?why didn't you difib me? why did you leave that guy? ..... I am excited for this but voted no due to the amount of uh poop its going to cause. Poor admins are going to have their hands full and I'm interested to see how many members might start getting in trouble not just the 'noobs'. I'm usually not a debbie downer and I hope it goes good but we, the community of L4D2 are known as the problem children per say, and I have a feeling this is going to make it worse. I hope it doesn't honestly. Jusy my sassssssssssssy opinion.