While you were out...

Mini_Me

wife was out of town this weekend, so i took advantage of the time away to re-do the bedroom :D

i pick her up in a few hours...hope she likes it... :boing:

start Friday night ~10pm after a picher of margaritas...nothing like making a mess after a few..enthusasims high...seems like I could get it down in one night!

DCP_3120.jpg

ok....many hours later, with a slight headache, the base coat is down, its almost 4am and I realize there is still 2 coats to go....mini goes to bed.

DCP_3126.jpg

wake up saturday morning and jump right back at it....I know I can get it done TODAY!

DCP_3132.jpg

and I do!! ok its 8pm, my hands are no longer functional as Ive held the roller brush all day, and I think i found some new muscles in the shoulders and back.... :unsure: i head to bed at 9pm absolutely exhaugsted

DCP_3141.jpg

out by 11:30 am Sunday shopping for the drapes, pictures, lights, sconces, oh...and a new vacume. can always use a new one of those :rolleyes: anyways...finish up with everything at 6pm Sunday

DCP_3149.jpg

DCP_3151.jpg

she keeps asking "is this MY house?"

i think she likes it  :boing:

I think somebody is getting some "start the work week out on the right foot" nookie!!

Nice job Mini. Actually, that is a cool looking room, with the sitting area and the recessed celing! B)

• 1 year later...
GC Founder

Bottom edges - tape, as I have one of those auto-tape roller thingies and then go back over with finger making sure that tape is tight to wood so no seepage...

Corners or other odd angles just cut in with brush....

Let me see if I can recreate this conversation as we looked at those pictures.

First picture.

Wife: Oh, I like that color.

Me: Thats the primer.

Wife: Oh

Fourth Pic.

Wife: Wow...thats nice, now he needs a new comforter

Fifth Pic.

Wife: Ohhhh...he did get a new comforter!!!! That is beautiful

Me: Yea

Sixth Pic.

Wife: Wow...thats a huge room...I'd have never thought to paint up in the ceiling.

moral of the story...she is impressed!!! I am too...course she was able to pick out everything you got new where as I saw new paint :D

Very nice though.

One question...did you pick out all that stuff yourself or had you previously decided on it?

GC Founder

thanks!

picked myself...was the most fun part I think...I had walked around room and written down what I pictured in my mind...then took like the wall size dimension so when I went to the stores to get all that stuff I knew I had to fill a 60"x48" area above bed, etc...