10 lbs - 8 weeks - Challenge

Fatty

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I work in a grocery store pharmacy and it was a ritual that every morning I'd get a cup of coffee and some type of pastry or two. I started crunching the #s.

Averaging 1 doughnut/muffin per calendar day, I ate 182,500 worth of morning calories in 2005. Assuming 3600 calories = 1 pound, that equates to 50 lbs. So, I should theoretically be able to lose a significant amount of weight by eliminating those pastries. I'm down 14 pounds for the year and I've done NOTHING different other than modifying my diet. Age, aches and old sports injuries prevent me from excercising so diet modification is the only option.

Here are some of my modifications:

Mornings: Trade that calorie packed doughnut for a piece of toast and/or some cottage cheese. 150 cal.

Mid-mornings: Tea sweetened w/ sugar. (gotta give the body a little snack). 80 cal.

Lunch: Soup. Campell's select soups. Chicken & wild rice, chicken w/ penne pasta, etc. 200 cal.

mid-lunch: Killer time of day. I crave chocolate and I found that Slim Fast creamy choc shakes satisfy it. 180 cal.

Dinner: Well... the main reason I'm 200 lbs and not 190 lbs. I still eat too much. I'm trying to eat more vegetables and less meat. Workin' on it...

For some reason the #s don't quite add up. I shouldn't be losing this much weight...but I am.

Oh yeah, instead of sitting on my butt at work, I filled up 2 gallon jugs w/ water (8+lbs each) and I carry them back and forth in the pharmacy. Not a lot of exercise, granted. But it beats sitting on my arse doing nothing!!!

I see a lot of people have fallen off. There's no reason you can't get going again, though!!!!! That's the reason for this thread, to keep us all motivated!! Let's see some updates and let's motor on!

I challenge you to keep your commitment!!!

One more thing. My cholesterol is down from 239 to 175. Cutting out the bad stuff does more than just slim you down.

I am in the awol group, but have not frogotten my goal. This is the one week out of the school year where I dont have to swim. I have been avoiding the pool and weight room which is where the scale is. This weekend I'll have to return to the water and the scale.

For the past couple of weeks my lunch has consisted of 1 apple and 1

orange or grapefruit. You feel pretty good after eating just that, but

lookout at 4-4:30PM!! Hunger attacks BIGTIME! I usually have

a bowl of poridge. Though I guess another apple or something is fine.

Just had a choc attack and my Slim Fast.

Does anyone else get really,really cold hands when they lose weight? I'm freakin' freezin'!!!

You are going to have that problem because adipose tissue(fat) is the insulation for your body.

Uh....a-hem-hem. How about you guys check out my post, since we're tooting horns here.

.......adipose tissue.....

That is a fun word to say. Adipose adipose adipose.

I went to Cold Stone yesterday, Becca. I couldn't stop thinking about that Peanutbutter Cup Perfection and I just had to have one. You see, you have to cheat every now and then. It helps you stay on track better, and its a great reward for yourself.

Uh....a-hem-hem. How about you guys check out my post, since we're tooting horns here.

.......adipose tissue.....

That is a fun word to say. Adipose adipose adipose.

I went to Cold Stone yesterday, Becca. I couldn't stop thinking about that Peanutbutter Cup Perfection and I just had to have one. You see, you have to cheat every now and then. It helps you stay on track better, and its a great reward for yourself.

It really works best for some if they go strong for 6 days then take one day off. This way they dont get tired of it and just give up also gives them something to look forward to.

I've been bad. Bad bad bad.

I won't even go near the scale.

However, tomorrow I start training for another race this spring so I'm gonna make my goal of 175!

Me too but I blame the variables in my life... I'm restarting as soon as mid terms are over and spring break is here... i don't think i'm going anywhere for spring :(... wait maybe one road trip.

I could still make my extra credit pledge, I think, but I need to get myself to a real scale (or buy a new one) if I'm going to be able to accurately measure my results in the coming three weeks. I probably won't make the body fat target, either, at least not by the standards I set. Oh, well, enough crying, back to the machines!

I've decided to weigh myself every week instead of every day. I don't like seeing my weight fluctuate throughout the day. It makes me feel guilty. So, there.

fatty :x

I have been getting lazy with mine. Truth is, I have no where to go to exercise so I'm kinda stuck where I am.

I've decided to weigh myself every week instead of every day. I don't like seeing my weight fluctuate throughout the day. It makes me feel guilty. So, there.

fatty :x

I have been getting lazy with mine. Truth is, I have no where to go to exercise so I'm kinda stuck where I am.

Jackie I'm disappointed in you. Do this workout, all you need is a 2mx2m space on the floor (i know you have it). The truth is that your being unimaginative. Earn your right to steal my egg, and do the exercise below every night.

45 seconds each exercise

-Push ups

-Sit ups

-squat thrusts

-star jumps

-ab crunches

-squat thrusts with a jump

-lie down flat on your back and hold your straight legs in the air so your feet at 12 inches off the ground.

-fast jogging on the spot

Then repeat that two more times, having a 5 minute break inbetween each one.

Now get moving and meet your goal!

Edited by *BiGBonES**

Jackie I'm disappointed in you. Do this workout, all you need is a 2mx2m space on the floor (i know you have it). The truth is that your being unimaginative. Earn your right to steal my egg, and do the exercise below every night.

45 seconds each exercise

-Push ups

-Sit ups

-squat thrusts

-star jumps

-ab crunches

-squat thrusts with a jump

-lie down flat on your back and hold your straight legs in the air so your feet at 12 inches off the ground.

-fast jogging on the spot

Then repeat that two more times, having a 5 minute break inbetween each one.

Now get moving and meet your goal!

:( sorrie

Will do though.

You shut your dirty pie-hole, scrawny-pants.

:lol2:

I'm not that scrawny. :wiggle2: