What brought you into PC gaming?

Guest ash-

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests
(edited)

I've always had my eye looking towards PC gaming since Doom first came out. I got my first PC a few years after Dooms release and about a year later I had to take it back because the payments were too expensive. it was a Packard Bell 166Mhz Pentium something, i forgot. $2000 too. It's probably not even worth scrap metal anymore. Now the only thing that keeps me in gaming period is online gaming. I can never look at another single player game the same way again unless stunning advancements in video game AI are made. With games like FEAR and Far Cry raising the bar, that time may come soon I hope.

Edited by ash-

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests
i played the original space invaders on my dad's computer and that's what started it for me. I installed my first game from a floppy when i was like 5 or 6

I remember playing the oregon trail in computer class when I was in middle school. It wasn't that great of a game and never inspired me to look further than my NES games. I remember my 8th grade english teacher telling me that he was a Doom fan. Only reason he came forth with the information was because I brought a Doom strategy guide to school and he took it from me! Boy was that a revelation.

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests
(edited)

Anyone remember some goofy old mac game where you were like a private eye or something and you had to investigate crimes inside a school? I Played that in school too. Everyone used to hog up the computer just to play and see it in action.

Edited by ash-

we had an old tiny black and white mac, you could play like this weird elevator game and a dungeon game where you shot bats with a slingshot.

having an older brother kinda hooked me on video/comp games :-/

First computer: Apple IIGS

Disks only, no OS!

The game: Wings of Fury. To this day, one of the most entertaining games I have ever played. If I could buy back that old computer, I would just to play that game!

I started on my cousins Atari but played mostly on my pappys comp...but after deleting my dad's autoexec.bat on his business PC (386dx I think?) he found me my own PC that I could load Leisure Suit Larry and Kings Quest onto from coasters floppies (and thats why I'm so messed up today!)

After that tho I quickly succumed to Nintendo and Sega...but was pulled back to the PC when I discovered a little game called Dune II

Did you guys ever play that Lemonade Stand game in school? That was one that got me started.

Then there were other games on our Apple IIe - the first computer we had. I can't remember them specifically. I remember playing Spy vs. Spy on my friend's Commodore 64 too. Does that thing even qualify as a computer?

what got me going was playing games on my commodore.

I hear ya, I loved my commodore, my dad had like 3 or 4 of them, I played some donald duck game and some race car game.. lets see, I had an atari before that, then played commadore, NES, Super NES, somewhere in between took hold of my dads old 286, then got a 486, then I think windows 95 came about.... But before all that, I was playing Wolfenstein, Doom... I can remeber 6/7th grade especially I was hooked on doom. 9th grade it was Duke Nukem. I quit playing any type of game until my senior year I got hooked on UO. Went to college and started playing Counter-Strike Beta, the famous Half-life mod.

I started playing in early 90s maybe even 89, at my dad's work one of his coworkers had a computer with games such as Grand Prix Circuit (1988 release F1 game) and Arkanoid etc... then we got a 80286 16Mhz comp at my house and I had all the games at that time. My favorite - Dune2 (1992)

i started with doom as well... i remeber i thought it was crazy... and highly realistic.. i beat the game in like 3 hours and i litteraly crapped my pants... i thought i was G-D.

NuT- :freak:

Two Words..."Oregon Trail"

If you don't remember this in the Apple IIC, then you are too young.

That was my first computer experience.

After that, family owned a succesion of x86 from their introduction on up. I used to play Might and Magic on those...really early and simple RPG.

What really got me caught up was FPS...(was not into console gaming...too scripted) I was playing Doom over dialup as a sophomore in college (1993).

Used to dial up my former roomies comp. and play against eachother until the wee hours.

Of course, I played Wolfenstein and the *cough* "advanced and hi tech" Duke Nukem....

Ahh...

I don't really remember much after that...Until Quake and eventually UT...I was drunk alot those days.

Edited by Tek-Almighty