Lord Have Mercy I got PWNT!

Fatty

Oh wow, well, if you ever decide to cut up these:

post-3-1193982571_thumb.jpg

Make sure you wear gloves or something.

Tonight was prep night for our poker night tomorrow....and of course it's time to bring back the salsa con quesa with my sausage in it.

Anyways, I've cut these up before...the only problem is that tonight, instead of using a spoon to carve out the seeds, I just drug my thumbs through the peppers.....

It's now 1:51 AM.....two hours after I first attempted to go to bed...and my fingers are still shooting fire. I got up and decided to distract myself on the treadmill.....3 miles later.....fire.....

You'd be amazed the threads out there about this very issue out there on the Internet....poor people typing with their hands on fire....

I probably only did one smart thing during all of this....as soon as I noticed that my fingers and just below my nose were starting to smolder, I decided that tonight I'd leave my contacts in.

Welp, could be an all nighter.....it is truly impossible to go to sleep with burning fingers.

So...I'm playing video games at 2 am now....

GC Founder

The orange ones are the habaneros....yea..hot

Ok, after some CSS and some chatting with Shep?!?!? i think I might be able to sleep....

I used the bleach water...then some automotive gel like soap....then put some calomine (sp?) on before I came up here...and I'm good to go.

Gonna be tired tomorrow though!

LOL....you were all braggin when I went to bed too. Look at all these peppers I'm gonna throw in our queso. I put close to the same arsenal in our chili. 5 habs, 2 red hot chilis, and 2 jals. Deseeded and deveined with a knife though instead of my thumb. Also, they are cut into big enough pieces that you can pick them out if you don't want to eat the pepper itself.

I took a few hits, but none that kept me up. While making the chili I was stirring with a big spoon and would use the knife to push the peppers off of the cutting board into the pot. Well, I guess the juice all landed on my spoon. Went to stir and got a little chili on my hand. Ah, I'll just lick it off. Gargled milk for the next 30 min. I think all the concentrated juice must have been in that one little bit on my spoon.

Then, on the way in this morning I was rubbing my eye (luckily it was my right eye) and all of the sudden my eye was on fire. Mind you this is after washing my hands at least 3 times and washing my daughters bottles before bed. I hope I didn't get any on the nipples for her bottles.....

(edited)
Dedicated to myself on this fine day:

mistakes.jpg

ROFLMAO!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I guess you learned that lesson (a.k.a. hostuff 101)!

At least you didn't rub your nose (or eye like Bub!)

Edited by Dingy

and of course it's time to bring back the salsa con quesa with my sausage in it.

Quote of the year!

Ouch. o0o

And you thought he went on a bit about his fingers.....

Hmmm..... new signature time?

and of course it's time to bring back the salsa con quesa with my sausage in it.

Quote of the year!

haha u know you've been around here so long when

A ) u know someone's gonna point that phrase out even before reading the entire thread

B ) u know it's gonna by mo

Edited by Xterminator

Quote of the year!

haha u know you've been around here so long when

A ) u know someone's gonna point that phrase out even before reading the entire thread

B ) u know it's gonna by mo

Of course I couldn't resist.

(edited)

Is it deer sausage? When you said, "my sausage" I had memories of being a kid and putting dear through the mincer and making venison sausage. Mmmm home made sausage in queso!

Edited by Chief

well no wonder it hurt. Remind me never to eat the salsa con quesa at Fatty's... :freak3:

FWIW, next time try soaking your hands in milk. after that try a little vegetable oil.Water won't dissolve the capsaicin in the peppers.And yes, I keep a box of latex gloves in the kitchen (use the powder free). It sounds a little weird but if you are gonna be handling your "sausage", peppers or other "raw meats" it's a good idea to wear gloves.

Edited by Shropshire Slasher

Just about all peppers (minus bell) will do some or a lot of heat damage.

If you have a scrub brush like this that fits in your hand:

68614885.jpg

that plus regular soap will do the job, at least on your hands - if you have already rubbed your eyes/nose you are SOL for the most part.

You can get dried habenero powder if all you are looking for is heat, though gotta warn you, even inhaling the air from the container (in all seriousness) probably falls under CDC and NIOSH jurisdiction.

-Fk

Good times!!

How about those 12:30 a.m. phone calls that force you to go into work?

Almost dead just doesn't cut it for some necros!

I wasn't sure if that funny taste in the chili was venison, peppers or... sausage.

White chicken chili ftw!

Ah, the 'ol peanutbutter date with the dog trick... from Fish... again.

Nothing screams nuclear toilet antics like suicide chili and some 'shine!

We need a new man law written: The story can't last longer the actual incident.

What else do you guys remember?

mistakes.jpg

Try cutting up peppers,washing 6-7 times,wait 5-6 hours and get freaky with your girly,........SHE WAS NOT HAPPY WHEN I TOUCHED HER IN A CERTAIN SPOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mistakes.jpg

Try cutting up peppers,washing 6-7 times,wait 5-6 hours and get freaky with your girly,........SHE WAS NOT HAPPY WHEN I TOUCHED HER IN A CERTAIN SPOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TMI