am i too mean?

stutters

GC Alumni

hm, i think you guys might have been right on this one. while i was in the shower, she came home from work, packed a suitcase, and is at her mother's in hudson. she called from their phone to tell me to grow up.

:bang:

i thought it was funny :(

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as everyone was joking around, the truth rings through a bit, huh?

Even though its manly and boastful to say "I'll just do it my way and if she don't like it, tuff!", like I said, it only leads to a confrontation.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but, DR. PHIL would say "If something isn't working, don't keep doing it". Change your strat right away.

Honestly, maybe its just me, but I found every time I acted like a victim, rather than trying to control a girl, their guilt usually makes them see things my way. That's the only advice I can give, cause its all I've ever done. It's no Maddox method, but like I said, it works.

Hmm..well, if you are serious and this isnt one of your jokes....then yeah...yer screwed. Your actions were most definately viewed as an act of aggression and war is about to be declared. If you love this girl and want to be with her....prepare to make some concessions....i.e...eat crow.

If frank communication and reasonable discussion can't resolve issues like this, then I hate to say it but your better off without her.

What you did stupid. Always treat your girl like a princess. If she doesn't treat you like a prince than it's not worth the trouble.

GC Alumni
Oh there is no way he is serious so can we quit with the serious 'me and Dr Phil say to talk it out and share some cookies'.

ROFL.

win.

i gotta pull the plug before this gets out of control (everything = joke). :spin2:

(No wonder he's got nearly 10k posts...) ;)

But I'll admit to being completely fooled, after all, some members have posted far more personal topics before.

But that certainly is ... a lot of time on your hands ... :spin2:

well so far sounds like the g/f gets an F for effort.

But seriously i'd approach her in a calm manor and say, hey (insert name here) i want to talk to you about something. Tell her that she's not holding up her end of the deal (in a nice way) and that you can't cover her expenses. If it means that she has to get another job, so be it. People need to learn financial responsibility. Dont let her keep falling back on her payments because then she'll see it's alright and never pay you back until you confront her about it.

I had a similar situation with my best friend, i lent him over $200 a couple years ago and told him "take your time" to pay it back. In those 2 years i saw him buy up lotsa stuff that costed a lot of money yet he never paid me back. So finally I just put my foot down and told him, dude you need to know your responsibilities, pay of your debts first then go spend for fun. He paid up....no problem.

I'm sure if you approach her in a mature manor with good demeanour she'll respect what you have to say

and if she doesn't just tell her to kick rocks.....