stutters

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GC Alumni
btw... when are you going to ask her?

Good luck! :thumbsup:

there's something we're (work) trying to launch today. by trying i mean "do it or your fired," so i'm at the mercy of that. if i can get this pushed to prod today, i'm flying to maine tomorrow to surprise her; she's at her folks cabin, which they're selling--and it's the only place she has left from her childhood. kind of an emotional trip for her already, so i figured i'd just dump it on top of that. if i can't make it to maine, i'll just do the tried and true couch proposal:

"uh, so, should we get married?"

GC Alumni
Since I have married each year seems to get better, I wish you two luck.
you get married each year?!

well, she said yes, but reluctantly. is that normal?

the play:

she's originally from boston, really loves new england, but has been out of the area since she graduated college. her parents sold the family house she was raised in a few years ago. they have a cabin in maine, which is the last place they have from their childhood. they sold it this fall and close sometime in late october. it's the last time she'll be out there in a place that has that many memories. she's out there on vacation now and was pretty bummed i couldn't make the trip with her.

i was able to finish a project and sneak out there and back over the weekend (note: back to back redeye flights are lethal). with her mom's help, i was able to sneak into town unnoticed, bought some lame picnic stuff (some veuve, cheese and crackers, chocolate), and took my broken ankle down a pretty gnarly path to a spot we found along sunday river a year or two ago. her mom dropped her off, told her to head down the path, and the rest is not suitable for kids :D

anyways, it's official, finally. sure, i had to take enough pain killers to sedate a horse to numb the pain from going down the path, but i guess that's a good reminder of what's ahead :lol2:

thanks for all the congrats and well wishes - go go gadget .gc family!

:wavey:

Congrats! Good move on your part, married men live longer. Her reluctance is probably due to the fact that a woman's life span is reduced if they are married, but hey, as long as the laundry gets done who cares right?

Shaftiel

John, or SJ or whatever your real name was on the court documents...

We should talk.

Things you should know.

its not going to be any of that when one particle loves another particle physicist talk, is it?

You might need to sit down for it. Chances are he'll tell you that you will need to give your valence electrons to her to balance things out. Welcome to married life! :D

srsly tho, congratz and gg with the whole path/ankle thing.

(edited)

Since we're in the topic about giving marriage advice... Even though you've known her a while, after you get married, it becomes a completely different relationship. WE don't change, but women change for some reason. Strange thing, but I've learned to handle the problem. I'll tell you more after you've experienced your first anomaly. It's not the normal "woman" thing anymore. It gets weirder. :rolleyes:

Just to give you an idea of what you're dealing with... 16 years of marriage with two different women, and I'm still learning.

Seriously though, I'm much happier married than single. Don't have to worry about laundry or food. :wiggle2:

Edited by shoot