Fireworks Limit

Garychios

We need to limit the amount of fireworks a team can have per round. I would like to say 5 boxes is more than enough. It would be nice to actually see people shooting infected, rather just laying down fireworks, Or make fireworks 10 pts.

Regards

Rather than buying, have the weather concept be implemented for the winning survivor team at the beginning of each map if the score difference is huge. I didn't find the weather to be that detrimental in Hard Rain, doubt it would do much as a buy option.

I see it more as temporary weather, rather than a complete switch. Say each purchase lasts for 3-5minutes so that you use it strategically.

If it was a permanent switch you could perhaps could allow the survivors an option to reset it back to normal for points?

Presumably if you change weather on an indoor map like Dead Center not much happens?

let it rain inside and all the flame will go away.

this has potential - put out all fire on the ground? no unlighting things though.

We need to limit the amount of fireworks a team can have per round. I would like to say 5 boxes is more than enough. It would be nice to actually see people shooting infected, rather just laying down fireworks, Or make fireworks 10 pts.

Regards

I'm more in favor of this. Have fire items have limits, but allow Survivors to increase those limits.

I like Jackie's Idea. Limit the fireworks to maybe 4 or 5, and then the survivors can buy 2 extra firework crates say for 10 extra points up to 3 or 4 increases, maybe a max of 10-12 fireworks per round?

Kinda like the infected max limits

Edited by MurderinClony

I've asked and asked and asked for fireproof hordes to be purchased for a greater cost than normal hordes and it seems Jackie is against it, even though he hasn't actually stated it.

• Like 1

I've asked and asked and asked for fireproof hordes to be purchased for a greater cost than normal hordes and it seems Jackie is against it, even though he hasn't actually stated it.

is that even possible?

We had discussions on this before and ended up increasing the cost of the fireworks and making them cause damage to the one setting them off. I really hate to have a limit, especially for the team. Maybe have a limit on how many can be used at one time (if that's possible)? Or have a limit of fireworks per player per round? Or an escalating cost to them

is that even possible?

I wouldn't doubt it can be possible but it would involve spawning the same zombie over and over since the only fireproof zombies are those hazmat zombies, which instead of just using the console command z_spawn mob, would probably have to do something else

certain type of horde being bought is possible. ive seen it.

ceda horde is the fire resistant ones. jimmy gibb horde, lotta hp(1k i believe, though hs/melee works on em) and also fire resistant lol

as for crates, doesnt matter to me, havent seen it as often as before.

I prefer the idea of it being limited to each player rather than teamm(cant really tell if thats what you were meaning). 1 person can always just spam them all. Though really dont think this is nessacary if we can just get another type of hoard. Ive seen a server that had 3 diffrent special hoard types from a buy menu.

Also since we are talking about hoards. I can never tell if they still appear after you buy one recently and you dont hear the "hoard cry". <- anyone know?

(edited)

1 fireworkcrate per person for the whole round, it will encourage EVERYONE to buy "for the team" and will create more "teamwork" :happy:

Edited by TestCharacter

1 fireworkcrate per person for the whole round, it will encourage EVERYONE to buy "for the team" and will create more "teamwork" :happy:

and each survivor can upgrade his/her slot to 3 at a cost of 10 points per slot or buy a slot for the whole team at 20

Edited by MasterTalpa

barely anyone buys fireworks. if i die early and i tell my team to buy fireworks because there's a tank or horde or whatever the percentage of people who actually do anything is like 5% among people who don't already buy them

and each survivor can upgrade his/her slot to 3 at a cost of 10 points per slot or buy a slot for the whole team at 20

and so buying 3 crates would cost 4 + 10 + 4 + 10 + 4 = 32 points now...

barely anyone buys fireworks. if i die early and i tell my team to buy fireworks because there's a tank or horde or whatever the percentage of people who actually do anything is like 5% among people who don't already buy them

I usually throw Molotovs. :P

How about a 1 minute cooldown instead? Applies to molotov, crate, bile and pipe bomb. Come to think of it, are we all here underestimating how useful propane/air can be? Those are NEVER EVER bought before.

Come to think of it, are we all here underestimating how useful propane/air can be? Those are NEVER EVER bought before.

exactly, propane tanks are so under rated.

Same with air tank. If one can kills jaws, it should be able to kill a tank easily.

Edited by Protomanx13