First Time Banned since 1999

Guest Glimfeather

Guest Glimfeather
Guest Glimfeather
Guest Glimfeather
Guests

well, Guys,

I have to hand it to you. Mmmm has actually banned my WON ID from their servers...the first event of it's kind on any reputable server since I downloaded the CS beta file with cs_docks and started playing five long years ago. Now, the offensive incident occurred last night in Mmmtropolis , as I tked a careless newb who had just blatantly shot me in the back during a firefight. I must admit, my temper was up at this guy (who it was is truly inconsequential), for being so flagrantly haphazard with his gun barrel orientation, so upon the next spawn I put a couple usp shots into him. What do you know, 10 seconds later I am gone.

It is not merely the ban that bothers me, it is the surprising lack of administrative responsibility on the part of Mmmm for simply banishing a longstanding (if not reasonably skilled) member of what I call the AIX community, with no thought of my standing or longevity. This shockingly hasty ban has seriously made me doubt the future of Mmmm as a respected clan, not because I am some jedi master at CS, (far from that :)), but that within this clan, the admin privileges have been doled out like so many dollar-off coupons toward your next purchase of Kraft Singles. It is duly noted that hacking has exploded out of proportion in the last 5 years, however, I am not Winston Smith, I am not guilty of Thoughtcrime, and my ban last night is a black mark on the face of a gaming community known to sport such legendary names as Shinji, [sAB] Smoke, [AIX]Hood, Recoil, Agnt.Smith, the DLM, the DOH, the Stinkditch men, and countless others.

Think carefully about the direction in which your clan is headed, Mmmmcs, as you ban stalwart and honorable patrons upon whose shoulders gaming integrity rests.

Regretfully,

Glimfeather

While your post was very readable and well put together, I must take this time to point out your failure to follow the guidelines established for this forum. It would behoove you in any future post to adhere to said document.

You seem to allow that what you did was wrong. But yet you turn around and predict our demise for taking action. You have left me puzzled as to your logical reasoning. If anyone thinks that they have the liberty to FF at spawn they need to re-evaluate their gaming ethics. I dont care WHAT letters they have next to their name. In a busy server, dont expect a warning. Dont even expect leniency. Situations have to be dealt with immediately.

But in a forum things can be thought out. So here is my questions to you:

1. Should an admin ban for blatant FF?

Your response to "accidental" FF was to respond intentionally with FF. A friendly word saying "Please watch your fire" or "Your bullets really HURT!" would have been totally acceptable and have not resulted in any action by an admin.

2. Should an admin change his conduct for players who have played a lot?

You are a part of the AIX community. I dont even know what clans are part of the AIX community. In fact, the only people I know that are part of your community are Smoke and Teknik. So you assume that my admin is not worthwhile because he didnt recognize you and therefore cut you some slack. We tend to kick regulars faster than non-regs precisely because they DO know the rules.

Answer those two questions honestly but dont answer them here.

And since you have been instructed as to how our admins operate I would assume there will be no further problems due to your well reasoned post and understanding of the game. So if you would be so kind as to post your WONID I will unban you just as soon as I see it.

Thank you.

Guest Glimfeather
Guest Glimfeather
Guest Glimfeather
Guests

Answered here because you asked here:

#1. Yes.

Your point is entirely valid. I was wrong to take out my anger by tking back.

#2. Yes.

While I freely admit that I do not have a reputation for being one of the top ranked players, to simply use recognition as a determining factor for uncalculated disciplinary action is foolish. I have admitted to wrongdoing by tk, but to be indiscriminately banned was unduly harsh and an insult. I DO expect a warning, even if the server is busy. An admin should be able to multi-task, especially on a busy server. Was he too overwhelmed to extend common courtesy?

At any rate I will not be posting my WON ID in this forum, and will remain banned by choice. Hope to see many of you elsewhere.

ConGregation: thank you for your candor in reply to my post. This will be the last you hear from me.

-Glimfeather

Post script for Col. Sanders: the quantity of posts in a given forum should hold much, much, less value than the quality of post. ;)

Your choice.

I was just going to close it and not say a thing but Im afraid I couldnt resist :)

Every action produces a reaction (no joking guildmates!). You were harsh. You didnt extend common curtesy. You insult by totally disregarding our rules. Those are all the things you demand of us but you failed to give to my admin, your fellow teamates, and the helpless noob who accidentally FF'd you. Now you appear to be a reasonably smart fellow, but what is this crock of poo?

I want to stress one thing! You will get what you give. How could you expect anything else?

Back to action and reaction. You broke the rules. That was the first action. You were banned. That was the reaction. Every reaction will be greater than the action. These things only snowball. Yet you feel that you are exempt from following our rules based on name recognition (of which I can assure you there wasnt). I feel that you expectations of us and our adminning are unfair. And besides that just plain unreasonable.

Because we gave you no warning it was an insult? Now I have had my share of insults... given and received. I must say only those who feel their actions were totally justified would feel that punishment was an insult.

"to simply use recognition as a determining factor for uncalculated disciplinary action is foolish."
I am sorry to inform you that your "disciplinary action" was TOTALLY calculated.

but to be indiscriminately banned was unduly harsh and an insult.

You were NOT indiscriminately banned. You broke the rules. Get it?

Checked the logs. Glimfeather or WonID 186967 shows up about 500 times in 4+ months, essentially a day or two's playing. I sense this has nothing to do with you knowing the system here as it does you being put up to this by one of the general mal-contents. Sorry, I just don't see the high road you've put yourself upon when you admitted wrongdoing.

If you truly knew what was going on here, and the "doling" out of admin, you'd also know how forgiving we as a clan are to nearly everything (except hacking). Rev's initial response is the perfect example. A sincere apology goes a long way. Rarely is a permanent ban permanent if the person banned steps up and takes responsibility.

Yet the implication is that you know everything about us and this "community". Quality v. Quantity, you've had neither IMO. Not sure what, if any, thought should really be given to this.

Guest Face
Guest Face
Guest Face
Guests

Wow...

My first clan was [sAB] way back, when CS was fun...what happened?

I remember lots of you guys, like Fat Bastard and his Austin Powers spray of Fat Bastard, and NCC who let me in SAB. I check forums now and then to see what is going on with the guys I used to play CS with.

It seems like CS has become a Gustapo instead of a "gaming" community.

With SAB, TacOpS, Envy and other clans, where I was always an admin with full authority, I never banned people without sufficient chances of stopping what they were doing (barring blantant wallhackers and speedcheaters, etc.)

Maybe everyone has to remember that this is a game? It was fun, remember? Remember way back when...

Guest Face
Guest Face
Guest Face
Guests
So if you feel this is just a game (and I fully agree) then why are you here complaining about it?

Complaining? No. Read what I posted, and you will see "why" I am here.

And I am posting because this is a message board.

Sorry, it seems to me that you are complaining that people take all this too seriously. It just seemed like a silly post to make if your true intent was to "calm people down". I apologize for misinterpreting.

hahaha, its funny how these new guys that showed up in the past year/months tell whats up with people who have been here back in the beginning... :lol:

btw, this isn't towards grimfeather, this is about the new members in the "community"

Edited by ++SexyTyme++

what I find hilarious (and utterly idiotic also) is when a good player assumes he deserves more respect than a bad one.

Ever hear of the 12 year old named Silver Bullet? I respect him more than 100 players like Glimfeather because he tries hard and he plays the game for the team.......he may annoy some ppl sometimes......but he's not a self-righteous idiot.

any player that gives intentional FF for an accidental FF deserves a ban instantly.......change the attitude and remember...................."it's a game"

<_<

I think what Glim and Face are trying to say is like... They have been around the community for a long time now and dont understand why they would be spur of the moment banned cause a noob was ff'ing him and he retailiated. Yes i know retailiation is not allowed but really? how annoying is it for some noob to run up on you and start shooting you. I totally understand what hes sayin.

And congregation, about the AIX gaming community, i think he brought that up cause a lot of ppl in this community are beggining to go back to AIX which has had a lot of talent come through and admining a server not be their priorities. They play the game for what it is.

I think.

The clan bashing is just silly. You all know the rules, standards of

connecting to the Mmmm server, so why complain further about

something that was partly your fault. Click refresh on your server

list and play someone else if you can't suck it up and realize that

being a vigilante on any server doesn't fly well with admins, specially

when they are present. I've banned a few regulars on the fall3n

server for this kind of stuff, and the funny thing is 90% of the time

it's handled like this....so I load up HLSW and change that 1 day ban

to perm0.

:ph34r:

(edited)

hahaha well at least we dont bash people for being new to the boards :P

thx for the warm sentiment s-t,

makes me wanna just spend more time here :rolleyes:

linch, that was well said, i like your integrity

*i cant spell early in the morn

Edited by lazarus

S-T, and anyone else, coming on and playing on the server occassionally doesn't make you "part of the community". Maybe you were here a while back and long before me but neither of you have contributed on it the entire time I have been here until now when you hop on complain for being banned because you broke the rules.

Glim, no admin is going to blame you if, while a person is intentionally (on purpose) TKing you if, during the actual act, you act in self-defense and take him out first and then, if the admin is not aware of what transpired, you send a global chat explaining your actions. But you were accidentally FF'ed (not even TK'ed). Then you waited until the next round to "retaliate". This is different from "self-defense". You deserved the ban (which was probably a temp ban anyway and if not, a sincere apology would have had it lifted immediately).

Also, S-T, you don't play much at all on the server and you probably make like 1-2 posts a week to the MB (if that, and rarely participate in the discussion). Instead, most of your posts seem to want to stir up crap so why don't you just keep those comments to yourself, mm'kay?

I think S-T was referring to people posting replys to issues that they aren't involved in. Noone asked my opinion, so Im not going to give it.

Some advise though, if someone tk's you the initial reaction is to be tinkled and want to hurt them back. I find myself fighting this urge often, BUT if you say something (thanks for the tk, etc.) and they apologize...you usually feel better. If they dont apologize, a GOOD admin will know what has happened...and you can wait till you are far from spawn, screw the silencer on your usp, and shoot him in the neck from about 40 yards...usually makes ME feel better! :D:unsure:

I have to hand it to you. Mmmm has actually banned my WON ID from their servers...the first event of it's kind on any reputable server since I downloaded the CS beta file with cs_docks and started playing five long years ago.
You expect us not to ban for a blatent ff? Hmmm, that makes me question your reasoning...
Now, the offensive incident occurred last night in Mmmtropolis , as I tked a careless newb who had just blatantly shot me in the back during a firefight.

From the sound of it you didn't give him a chance to defend himself or apologize...how do you know it was intentional? Maybe you ran in front of him...

I must admit, my temper was up at this guy (who it was is truly inconsequential), for being so flagrantly haphazard with his gun barrel orientation, so upon the next spawn I put a couple usp shots into him.
Not very smart, you should know, being the long-standing member of the community that this isn't how that should have been handled.
What do you know, 10 seconds later I am gone.

You expected something else to come of an intentional FF?

It is not merely the ban that bothers me, it is the surprising lack of administrative responsibility on the part of Mmmm for simply banishing a longstanding (if not reasonably skilled) member of what I call the AIX community, with no thought of my standing or longevity.
Like it matters how long you have been around...and even if you have been you should know better. This is not the AIX gaming community, maybe the rules are different there, but we don't allow people to intentionally tk someone for any reason. Period.
This shockingly hasty ban has seriously made me doubt the future of Mmmm as a respected clan, not because I am some jedi master at CS, (far from that  ), but that within this clan, the admin privileges have been doled out like so many dollar-off coupons toward your next purchase of Kraft Singles.

Should we have waited till the map change? I don't get it...a ban was warranted, and was given out immediatly, we don't give you till the map change to take back the tk...sorry, not when it is intentional.

It is duly noted that hacking has exploded out of proportion in the last 5 years, however, I am not Winston Smith, I am not guilty of Thoughtcrime, and my ban last night is a black mark on the face of a gaming community known to sport such legendary names as Shinji, [sAB]Smoke, [AIX]Hood, Recoil, Agnt.Smith, the DLM, the DOH, the Stinkditch men, and countless others.

You are guilty of an offense that we felt warranted at least a temp ban. You know our rules, and we expect everyone, especially someone who has been around as long as you to follow them. Set an example.

Think carefully about the direction in which your clan is headed, Mmmmcs, as you ban stalwart and honorable patrons upon whose shoulders gaming integrity rests.

If gaming integrity rests on the shoulders of people like you...we are doomed...

Gunman

Guest Agnt.Smith
Guest Agnt.Smith
Guest Agnt.Smith
Guests

ha! doomed! ha! doomed! *toungue in cheeck* good thing the integrity of our country doesnt rest of your shoulders mr feather.

Maybe you were here a while back and long before me but neither of you have contributed on it the entire time I have been here until now when you hop on complain for being banned because you broke the rules.

Also, S-T, you don't play much at all on the server and you probably make like 1-2 posts a week to the MB (if that, and rarely participate in the discussion).  Instead, most of your posts seem to want to stir up crap so why don't you just keep those comments to yourself, mm'kay?

hahahahhahahaha, all right, thats good stuff. I haven't laughed that hard for a long time but good job! How long have u been here? You joined on the 10th of March of 2003... I have been here for over 3 years, but of course you know everything and can understand everything thats going on! good job!!! Yes I don't play much at all anymore because there isn't a point, I play very rarely and only with close friends of mine like Ak2786, gOOters, bugs, or DOH. I make only 1 - 2 posts a week because I am busy and I rather not comment because people like you tend to know everything and can fill in for the people. I stir up crap because it needs to be stirred up instead of said behind the back... makes sense, this is a public message board I think... :huh::rolleyes: