What was the first video game you ever played?

urk?!?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Atari game with the Tanks and Triangles (airplanes) was the first game I ever played.

Oh, I remember loving Vanguard too. And Q-Bert at Godfather's pizza.

Isn't it funny that those games were once so cool and now we would be bored to even play them on our cell phones?

How long until we look back and laugh at CS / CS:S / etc?

Yeah, pong.

Then I use to beg quarters off my folks at the local grocery store to play Ms. Pacman.

Then I played Donkey Kong, Frogger, Galaga, etc... all the main ones.

Then we got an Oddyssey 2. One of the console machines that was trying to cash into the success of the Atari unit. They got it free for touring a timeshare so that might tell you something. Better than the Atari 2600 but not as good as the 5600.

Then I didn't game until I got a PC.

TeK

I'm trying to think back to the conversation we had at the dinner table Lee with everyone and I can't remember my answer.

I'm going to have to say NES and Super mario was mine. I think I was about 5-8 when NES came out? So I would have to say it would be my first.

On top of this question, we had a lot of other interesting video game related questions such as

First online game?

First PC game?

First game you couldn't put down(This also can be favorite game of all time)?(LoL Coene's answer to this was hilarious)

Favorite game?

There were many more I just can't remember.

Edited by TeK

duckhunt/supermario when ever i went over to my uncles house. When i was growing up we didnt have crazy computers or consoles. the first one that i ever actually owned was the ps2 when that first came out. i was a freshmen in highschool?(not sure).

First online Game - DiabloII

First PC GAme - Mechwarrior

Game i coulndt put down - Diablo II played it for about 2 years straight with all my freinds from school, good times and dont forget about CS :D

i remeber the first time i started playing D2 and my freind just got cable internet(brand new in the area) and i was still using netzero :(

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

It was pong for me and then it ended up being Atari 2600 and the "Combat" game with the tanks and planes and etc. My Grandfather was one of the senior guys at the local VFW and they had an Atari there along with some other "retro" adult movies.

For console I believe it was on a ColecoVision system, the game was tank vs tank game, with 99 different levels... forget the name! Basically a pong game with to big blocks shooting at each other :D The first real PC game i ever played was Rise of the traids.

Coleco as well, my parents bought it cause it was gonna interphase with the first home computer...which didn't happen...I had donkey kong, missle command, asteriods, pit fall, and a bunch of random crud I never played.

Then NES, then Genisis, The Sega CD, Then N64, Then computer, then PS2, then GameCube, soon Xbox

Then we got an Oddyssey 2. One of the console machines that was trying to cash into the success of the Atari unit. They got it free for touring a timeshare so that might tell you something. Better than the Atari 2600 but not as good as the 5600.

Ohhhh your the person who got the Oddyssey2, with the keyboard for a whole new dimention in gaming... Did you have a Tandy computer too? Or a Texas Instruments?? LOL all in fun. :)

My friend had a VecTrex with OmegaRace, very very fun at the time..

Pong.

Then I had this handheld game that had cartridges for it. The thing was pretty good size & only played block games...breakout & battleship stuff. It was awesome, just can't remember the name. I'll have to see if my parents have any pictures of it.

First game would had to have been on my Commodore 64...

Zork III: The Dungeon Master, a text-based RPG for Commodore 64.

My older bought it when it first came out and I started playing it at about 6 years old. Was a little hard to figure out how to beat, but it had some pretty cool things to read! Graphics sucked though... ^_^

After that, it was a few more Commodore games until I got my hands on a Nintendo! (Even then, I played Mario Bro.'s on my Commodore)

-Kor

Pong all the way. Only video game of that time I believe. Then we got a atari 2600, I can remember paying 40 bucks to get pac-man when it came out. Friend up the street had the coleco vision, pretty fun unit but the way they did there joysticks wasnt very intellegent, I can still here them cracking in my head. We always played ladybug on that one. Then I got a atari 400 and played Zaxxon and then nintendo and then sega and the Joe Montana Football, got the 32x adaptor for the sega. After that it has been all PC, I have never bought a console game since I went to PC gaming and can remeber playing on them green or gold screens, I remeber Aztec, ultima, and some ladder game, then came windows 3.1 and so on.