I need your Prayers

Update:

I was at the hospital last night and this morning. Last night was irritating to the point my anger issues are back again. We kept getting conflicting information and, until late this morning, we knew jack.

What we know so far is that the chemo is breaking down her intestinal lining and that's causing her pain. Whatever virus she has is affecting her lungs. Her breathing is labored and she's coughing up gunk. Her fever is steady at 100-102.

That's it. All you pre-meds could read this and give me a better Dx than what I've gotten so far. Am I angry??!! You bet.

It hurts because I have to leave her, go to work, sit on my bum and do nothing. I've filled 2 scripts in the last 2+ hours. So I just sit and watch the forums. I watch Soul and spend 30 minutes writing something, then I delete it. I watch Fatty, Clueless, ZD and Strange and do the same thing. I don't know why I don't post things. Maybe it's just busy work.

The only thing providing comfort for me is a visual I paint when I close my eyes. I want to be protected from the bad and I envision God putting his arms around me...and it all goes away for about 2 seconds.

Man, I'm tired of this roller coaster--let me off.

No need to reply, I'm just venting.

Go give 'em a big sloppy kiss.

Brian

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As hard as I try to mentally put myself in your shoes, i'm sure it does'nt come even remotely close, but in my best effort, it seems unbearable.

I commend you and your family for the strength you have built.

We're all thinking about you and the family over here.

Keep on hanging on Duke.

P.S. whats RSV? I don't think i've ever heard of it.

(edited)

I dont know why it is you Duke...your wife...your angel. Maybe because you and yours (not putting you on a pedastal) can handle it.

Many people couldnt. Scratch that...MOST people couldnt. I probably would have imploded by now.

Im sorry my friend. Stay strong. You are the bedrock of your family. And please continue to let God be your bedrock.

Edited by gOOters

Just got done praying for you guys. Whatever happens, just keep reminding yourself that it's Gods will and it's out of your hands. On a daily basis when you pray, ask god to take your worries and fears and deal with them. I guarantee he does a better job then any to handle them.

Thank you all for your support and prayers. I LOVE this place!

I'm writing from the hospital so this'll be short.

She is stable, I think. We still don't have definitive answers so I say that based on her disposition.

She seems to be getting enough oxygen.

Her appetite is poor-average due to GI sores. She gets morphine for that which doesn't help the appetite.

She is on breathing treatments to open up the lungs to get air in and the junk out.

We're tired, but thankful. This could be worse. I want to say everything is Ok, but everytime I think or say that, something bad happens.

But that's the truth so I'll say it anyway...I think everything will be Ok.

God bless you all!

Go read your kids a book.

I'm praying for your sweet little daughter Duke and you and the rest of your family too.  Our family too is going through some really tough times but I know we'll get through because of our mutual faith in God.  I know you will too - whatever comes.  I'll keep praying for you all - Cranky  B)

What's up Cranky? Is your family Ok?

Hi Duke,

Thanks for asking. I'm afraid we (my family ) are also having one of those events in life that test our metal and determine the stuff of which we are made. I would not wish to distract from your little daughter's needs for prayers but if folks want to offer up some extras, I have never been one to turn them down. We all need God's help to get through this life - that's for sure.

Here's some people in my family that could use your prayers as well.

My father-in-law Don, Sr, has been diagnosed with asbestosis. He can hardly breathe - has a diaphragm under one lung that is not working and probably has a limited time to live. They are also trying to determine if perhaps he has mesothelioma - cancer of the mesothelium - the sacks that surround the heart, lungs and abdominal organs - in this case, his lungs. He goes to Duke University sometime soon to see if they can surgically help his diaphragm to give him a slight improvement in quality of life.

His adult son Rob has CIDP (Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy). It's a longer term and more severe version of Guillain-Barre syndrome. It occurs when the myelin surrounding your fast conducting nerve bundles begins to errode; usually due to your immune system attacking it. It manifests in paralysis, extreme pain, fatigue, tremors and loss of sensation in the extremeties. He has had it now for about 4 years but it is escalating again. He is also on disability.

Rob's daughter Jessie (age 17), has a congenital defect that was only in the last couple of weeks diagnosed in which her brain is swelling into the soft tissue space behind the back of the skull - the spinal cord area. This will have to be dealt with surgically a week from today by a neurosurgeon. We will be praying for her that this delicate surgery can go well and not leave her with problems afterwards but there are no guarantees from the doctors. I'm sure they will do their best.

Don Sr's other adult son Don Jr (worked where I worked) was furloughed from the company a couple of weeks ago - unceremoniously after 18+ years of dedicated service. He has a severe back problem so this affects his income, life insurance and his medical situation very negatively ( it is very difficult to get a job, life insurance or medical coverage when you have a severe chronic illness ). In addition, he is having some other health issues that need prayer greatly.

So, I appreciate prayers in my family's behalf as well. These are really very good Christian people - loving, caring and dedicated to the Lord all their lives - and they have a lot to bare right now.

Duke, I'm keeping your little daughter in every prayer I utter - as frequently as I can.

Only God knows the grand plan and scheme of things and sometimes these things are so very hard for us to understand or even accept but we all hold to the knowledge that the joy that is ours in Him and the peace we can have now and the peace we will have beyond this plane of existance can make every day here something for which we can be truly thankful.

May God bless you Duke and your family in this tough time for you.

Cranky B)

Hi Duke,

Thanks for asking.  I'm afraid we (my family ) are also having one of those events in life that test our metal and determine the stuff of which we are made.  I would not wish to distract from your little daughter's needs for prayers but if folks want to offer up some extras, I have never been one to turn them down.  We all need God's help to get through this life - that's for sure.

Here's some people in my family that could use your prayers as well.

My father-in-law Don, Sr, has been diagnosed with asbestosis.  He can hardly breathe - has a diaphragm under one lung that is not working and probably has a limited time to live.  They are also trying to determine if perhaps he has mesothelioma - cancer of the mesothelium - the sacks that surround the heart, lungs and abdominal organs - in this case, his lungs.  He goes to Duke University sometime soon to see if they can surgically help his diaphragm to give him a slight improvement in quality of life.

His adult son Rob has CIDP (Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy).  It's a longer term and more severe version of Guillain-Barre syndrome.  It occurs when the myelin surrounding your fast conducting nerve bundles begins to errode; usually due to your immune system attacking it.  It manifests in paralysis, extreme pain, fatigue, tremors and loss of sensation in the extremeties.  He has had it now for about 4 years but it is escalating again.  He is also on disability.

Rob's daughter Jessie (age 17), has a congenital defect that was only in the last couple of weeks diagnosed in which her brain is swelling into the soft tissue space behind the back of the skull - the spinal cord area.  This will have to be dealt with surgically a week from today by a neurosurgeon.  We will be praying for her that this delicate surgery can go well and not leave her with problems afterwards but there are no guarantees from the doctors.  I'm sure they will do their best.

Don Sr's other adult son Don Jr (worked where I worked) was furloughed from the company a couple of weeks ago - unceremoniously after 18+ years of dedicated service.  He has a severe back problem so this affects his income, life insurance and his medical situation very negatively ( it is very difficult to get a job, life insurance or medical coverage when you have a severe chronic illness ).  In addition, he is having some other health issues that need prayer greatly.

So, I appreciate prayers in my family's behalf as well.  These are really very good Christian people - loving, caring and dedicated to the Lord all their lives - and they have a lot to bare right now.

Duke, I'm keeping your little daughter in every prayer I utter - as frequently as I can.

Only God knows the grand plan and scheme of things and sometimes these things are so very hard for us to understand or even accept but we all hold to the knowledge that the joy that is ours in Him and the peace we can have now and the peace we will have beyond this plane of existance can make every day here something for which we can be truly thankful.

May God bless you Duke and your family in this tough time for you.

Cranky B)

Cranky,

You can understand some of my feelings as I can relate to some of yours. I am not angry at God, but make no mistake, I am angry at the situation and I often ask 'why?'. I accept the fact that what "is" is and there is a purpose for all this mess that I cannot understand. But that doesn't always help.

I truly sympathize, but I cannot empathize with that much hurt. I will pray that you and your family receive strength and the clarity to accept His will. It all has a purpose...but you already know that. I will pray for your peace of mind. Let God protect you and yours.

PM me when your hurtin'. It's good to vent, I do it all the time. If it wasn't for gOOters, Clueless, Fatty, BubbleGum, Rev, Auggy, and the list goes on and on, I wouldn't have made it this far.

You gotta vent or it'll chew you up and spit you out.

This is a great, great community...use it.

God Bless you and your family,

Brian

Update:

Mom #1 is on the bench due to coming in contact with a niece w/ chickenpox. She's sidelined for 2-3 weeks.

GrandPa#1 is on vacation for another week or so. He's off the help list.

Mom#2/GPa #2 have been our saviors during this hospital stay. They've watched Alex almost all week.

Well, GPa #2 just came down with a cold so we had to evacuate the little guy back home to stay w/ me (pizza for breakfast!).

Danielle is expected to come home Tuesday or Wednesday (YEA!!!!).

But, I don't know if Alex is sick so I don't know what to do. If he is sick, I have to go over to Mom#2 and that pretty much guarantees he gets sick for 2 weeks. If he isn't sick, he could stay at home...but there's no way to tell if he is or isn't. We expect that he picked up the cold, but I don't know for sure.

Decisions, decisions.

I should post a poll!!?!!

To top it off, Rev turned down my trade and didn't counter. Shame, shame.

Life is good so I can joke a little now. I get my Sunshine back!

Thanks to all for your support.

You know what comes next...go do it.

Really happy to hear that Danielle is doing some better Duke - and able to come home - that's just great. I'll keep the prayers going and hope for even better things for her. Thank you for the thoughts too. Yes, it's hard to accept sometimes when you see good people suffer and yet I trust God to give us no more than we can bare as the Bible says. I'm sure it will work out for the good in all this. Thanks for the prayers - that's what I solicit most. The Bible says "The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much" James 5:16 and I firmly believe in that.

Hope things continue to go well with your little one.

Cranky B)

Update:

Mom #1 is on the bench due to coming in contact with a niece w/ chickenpox.  She's sidelined for 2-3 weeks.

GrandPa#1 is on vacation for another week or so.  He's off the help list.

Mom#2/GPa #2 have been our saviors during this hospital stay.  They've watched Alex almost all week. 

Well, GPa #2 just came down with a cold so we had to evacuate the little guy back home to stay w/ me (pizza for breakfast!). 

Danielle is expected to come home Tuesday or Wednesday (YEA!!!!). 

But, I don't know if Alex is sick so I don't know what to do.  If he is sick, I have to go over to Mom#2 and that pretty much guarantees he gets sick for 2 weeks.  If he isn't sick, he could stay at home...but there's no way to tell if he is or isn't.  We expect that he picked up the cold, but I don't know for sure.

Decisions, decisions.

I should post a poll!!?!!

To top it off, Rev turned down my trade and didn't counter.  Shame, shame.

Life is good so I can joke a little now.  I get my Sunshine back!

Thanks to all for your support.

You know what comes next...go do it.

Great news about Danielle. Still praying for everyone, I'll throw some up for wisdom as well.....

Life is back to somewhat normal.

DukeNukem and Danielle were at each other within minutes, a nice sight to see.

She is going to open up some of her hat packages soon so to all those who sent her something, we'll get the pics up soon. Sorry we're late in opening them!!

A belated Thank You to Mini. My wife said you sent something and I forgot to say thanks...sorry 'bout that!!

She's as bald as Fatty so she really has a use for the hats.

(Hang in there gOOt)

We've got two hat packages here in the house....but I should probably put them out in the freeze....Ella has the chicken pox so the house if full of spores... :sad: Was news to me that our former pediatrician didn't really advise to vaccinate...lucky that Mya got her vaccine at our current doctor....one will be enough.

Ella was uplifted when I showed her this.

Glad to hear some good news about Dannielle! We'll have to get our picture together asap with our shiny domes!