How long have YOU been playing cs?

So today, as always, i was getting owned by everyone on scopeless, i began to wonder, how long have you guys played cs. I dont mean just source I mean any other version of cs out there. Personally I have been playing since Feburary of this year, since that was when my new laptop (:wub:) came in. :wiggle2::wiggle2:

p.s. if something like this has already been posted (funny feeling it has) forgive my n00bness and ANSWER IT AGAIN! it wont kill ya :biglaugha:

I started playing the first official version of CS on lan close to when it was launched.

A couple of months after that, I bought the game, and played for 2 years solid.

I ended up quitting the game, as on every server I just kept running into hackers and foul mouthed kids, aswell as discovering nearly all of my clan were running aimbots.

I went and got source this christmas (2004), and have been playing ever since.

I used to be quite good before I quit CS, but I had an awful computer, and had a ping of about 300 all the time. Now I have a really good computer and internet connection, but my CS skills are still dormant.

:peace:

I started playing the first official version of CS on lan close to when it was launched.

A couple of months after that, I bought the game, and played for 2 years solid.

I ended up quitting the game, as on every server I just kept running into hackers and foul mouthed kids, aswell as discovering nearly all of my clan were running aimbots.

I went and got source this christmas (2004), and have been playing ever since.

I used to be quite good before I quit CS, but I had an awful computer, and had a ping of about 300 all the time. Now I have a really good computer and internet connection, but my CS skills are still dormant.

:peace:

at least you use to be good... i just get lucky from time to time :bang:

I used to laugh at all my friends who used to go and play cs at cafes...now I am one of them, except I never leave my shack. I bought HL2 just after getting my new pc at christmas...been stuck to my chair ever since...really...someone call an ambulance...not that it would help they're all FRENCH...which is why I never leave...

first played it in beta 4, at a LAN

we didnt even know u could buy weps, we just used the default T and CT pistols

that was around 2000 i think

i miss have'n LAN partys all the time

:lol::lol:

yea i remember those good ol days......i started playn with the very first on and have been playn off and on since then. its gotta be one of the best games out there. got introduced to it at a lan party and thought it was one of the coolest things. too bad for as long as i have been playin it doesnt show all !!! :peace:

I got a Collector's Edition HL2 for Christmas but I didn't even want it for CSS. Then, after HL2 got boooring at around level 12 (still didn't beat it), me and my friend wanted to try a new game (since we got a lil bored with NBA Live 2005 and FIFA 2005). So, we tried CSS online. It was funny cause we went online and all these other folks would cuss their lungs of so we decided to join in on the fun. Then, my buddy went back to GA Tech (as he was on a break) and I was left with CSS......well the rest is history.

Hmmm, can't remember what state CS was in when I started. Would have been before I met my wife as I was still out partying. I would be heading out on the town and my bros were glued to their computers 24-7. I would call them morons, tell them they needed a life, and head out for some drinking, dancing, and searching for the fairer sex. After about the 100th time I cursed my brothers for not having a life they made me sit down in front of the computer and play. I haven't gotten up much in the last 5 years or so. At least until recently anyway when my wife and I had our first child.

I got CS in a package deal when I puchased the original HL around 2001.

(yeah i know i'm behind the times!) I tried it once or twice but was far more interested in the single player games. It was not until I picked up HL2 which came with CSS around January 2005 that I started playing. Even then it was not until I finished HL2. Maybe around February 2005. I guess 4 months. :erm:

Well there were all the beta versions, and then it went right from 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5 to 1.6

I can't remember the exact date it was released, probably around the year 2000 ?!?!

I think it probably started in late '98 early 99. HL came out early 98 if I'm not mistaken.

Personally I've been playing since fall of 2001. 1 day more than my old roommate at college :D