What does your name mean!?

Saris

I was originally Sancho!!! when I used to play DF, Mohaa etc. as a homage to the true star of Orgazmo.

But I moved over to Leveller during my Soldier of Fortune 2 days, when I read an article about Chinese warfare, I believe the heading was

"Unrestricted War: the Leveller"

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually went to a bible college/seminary school to become a baptist minister here in SD when I was 18 before I joined the army. My dad was a baptist minister in Florida where Im from. During and after highschool I was really heavy into a certain type of illegal plant eh hem, that I wont mention here, so I straightened up my life and decided to go into the church. My family came here 1702 from Ireland and in my family you were either a military man, minister or engineer of somthing. I went for about 6 months before I realized that, as the Preacher can tell you, It takes a strong man to walk that structured path of the church. When I played older online games like Quake, Duke Nukem, Unreal etc, my friends would refer to me as the Rev or Reverend. When TFC came out I started the Syndicate TFC clan and the symbol for it was the © at the end of my name. I did become a military man and a type of engineer (physics), but the life of a preacher was a bit much for me. Anyway thats pretty much the story of my name. :D

My last name is Farmer... and my family owns a few tree farms.  So it seemed doubly relevant.  I think it is funny how some folks try to pronounce it like farmerism... instead of farmer is me.

Yea I get that too. Thats why I seperate the The and Reverend© in game because somepeople will try to pronounce it that way. :D

Reminds me of the SNL skit with jeoperdy and sean connery... 'Therapist' on the board... Connery: "I'll take the rapist for 200 alex"

well, I had a few names, one day i put in nofx and for some reason it stayed... nofx has somewhat gained a little more popularity since I chose the name, but I still have people call me

nofix and nofox

for you newbs its pronounce "no-eff-ex"...

:o:o:o:o:o

Un-be-liev-a-ble

BTW at_thedrivethru = at the drive-in. One of the last bands I really got into for the longest time. A great band indeed, they were.

Of course I started off in the chatrooms with it. People playing the same ol' funnies 'I'll have a big mac and fries'. Only 2 people caught on/cared. And one of them was Lex/-=GC=-/ :smiling2:

My other music related one for kicks is G-G-G-/=GC=/-Unit

Edited by at_thedrivethru

<--- Had a fro freshman year of high school. Girl said my hair looked like a brillo pad.

First AOL account was Brillow68. I added the w cause I was/am a bad speller and a 68 because Brillow was taken already and because 68 is the caliber of ammunition used in paitball. :)

Hopped on to GC UT2k4 server under Brillow_Head. I much preffer Brillow but I registered with the _head part....oh well.

i was looking for a CS name ... and couldnt find a good one... rofl my name before it was anoymas... <=== didnt even spell it right.. then i was KAMOTODRAGON... <===== i was on crack when i made that name rofl... wth was i thinking..

Looked around.. my dads a big gutair buff.. and i looked at one of his 15 gutair pedals and one was named the Captain Coconut... and i shortened it down to Capt.Coconut.. and bam

-NuT :biglaugha:

mine is from a NIN album for those who don't know, i think they are a cool band and i'm in to a lot of their old stuff. i changed it from pretty hate machine to pretty h8 machine cuz i wanted to b somewat original. i have used tons of other names from johnny rotten (from the sex pistols) to launchpad mcquack (from ducktails) i like this pretty h8 machine the best tho.

i moved outta the mountains into the city almost a year ago and finally had reason to build a big bad gaming rig....about a month before cs:s was set to release. it's all built, humming along, no problems. also no games. install cs:s, start playing, game sounds start to stutter, and BAM - crash and freeze. every...time. i found a couple work arounds to play for a while (disable my sata drives).

my real name isn't john, and i don't literally stutter, but for some reason stuttering.john made sense. :unsure:

i've finally "fixed" the stuttering problem - goodbye intel hello amd. you'll see me running around and getting tagged as johnny.gc these days, just to stay lopro.

shuriken.gif

i moved outta the mountains into the city almost a year ago and finally had reason to build a big bad gaming rig....about a month before cs:s was set to release. it's all built, humming along, no problems. also no games. install cs:s, start playing, game sounds start to stutter, and BAM - crash and freeze. i found a couple work arounds to play for a while (disable my sata drives).

my real name isn't john, and i don't literally stutter, but for some reason stuttering.john made sense.  :unsure:

You must have had the HL2 stuttering bug. You should update your drivers. :lol2:

Well as the n00b ephemeral was saying, our clan name is Grapple, not because of the grape flavored apple but because of the grappling hook. I can call him a n00b because i see him playing in person and he is on my clan. His real name is noah. so if you guys want to harass him in the game and call him noah that would be great! rofl. and if you could change your names to amanda that would be great too, noah will get the joke. and the woosh is actualy from a phone message from one of the clan members discombulated, he is kinda wierd. and the grapple out came from ryan seacrest from american idol, (we dont watch it) we think its so dumb how he says "ryan seacrest out" so we made "grapple out".

Grapple out

{GpL}TheGeek998

Woooooosh!!!

lol by the way, the reason my (n00b) friend thegeek said you should change your names to amanda is because my girlfriends name is amanda. so for some reason whenever we play LAN, people like to make their name amanda. so like when we play half life, it shows the gun you killed them with you know? so like whenever i kill some one (which is quite often...) it shows me killing my girlfriend with like a crowbar or a glock or something. now tell me if thats funny. not funny!!! so anyway, thats the 'joke' .

hey its me antirecoil aka anti aka sustanon. antirecoil came from a guy who used to play at either GC or DOH server that used to kick my butt all the time when i started playin cs 1.5. his name was ReCoiL so i named myself antirecoil, anti for short. for those who dont know me, ive been playin here for like 3-4 years. maybe longer i cant remember. i havent played in awhile and i wont be playin soon. i hacssome setbacks and i hope i'll be playin w/in 6 months. :(

much luv to all the 'gc members!#!@#!#!@# :hug: aim=cokdzeL

One day Mini and I were online together and made our names Fat_Bastard and Mini_Me (back in the last century).

As the years went by, my closer online buds started calling me Fatty, and I also got tired of debating the clients who didn't enjoy a swearing policy that was policed by a "bastard."

So I'm Fatty.

Did you play a lot of TFC back in the day? I remember playing a ot with a guy named Fat Bastard. :D

Had a few different nicks way back in the early 90's, but setteled on Wolfsblood in about 1991 when they was really no public "internet" and all this stuff was a pipe dream of "what if we could play games with moving graphics against each other, online, at the same time!?! Wouldn't that be cool?"

Anyway back to the name. Wolfsblood is a song off the last MisFiTs album with Glenn Danzig on vocals. Been using that name everywhere for the last 14 years, haven't found the need to change it yet. :)

(edited)

Actually, long story short, when I was 12 or so, I wrote a 400 page novel where the heroine of the story was named Aeris and the hero was a Demon named Sabin who end up having two children acting as the heroes for the rest of the series --- Aerin (Aeris+Sabin) and Saris (Sabin+Aeris). Clever, no? Not really, I was 12, gimme a break.

Aerin follows her Demonic lineage and eventually turns evil and Saris kills her. He then joins Heaven in a battle against a massive demonic legion, where his wife is driven psychotic by her loss of rank and fame as an Angel, and the death of her family at the hands of her uncle. She then near destroys all of Heaven, so Saris kills her too. He then begins to fall in love with the Goddess of Heaven, only to discover that he is not even physical - he is a protection program created by the Godess he's falling in love with to ensure the survival of Heaven and the preservation of peace.

Essentially, he is a war machine with enough power to slay Gods. Good story, no? Not really, I was 12, gimme a break.

saris9gz.th.jpg

Edited by Saris