More importantly....

anonymo

Wii has so many games out for it! Its insane! They are so much more ready than playstation.

Which is why the Wii will pwn the ps3.

In business? yes

In real gamers eye's? no

I have been asked when the Wii comes out by 50 year olds that look like they dont even own a TV. So Wii has reached more people than the ps3. But the ps3 is so much more powerful. And that the ps3 takes around 1200 to make, they are loosing money.

from what I read it cost about $800 to make, in the following year it would drop down to about $300? but then they say they will make there money back by selling the games for $60......which games have been that high for a long time. I personally dont believe sony is losing money on the PS3, they are just saying that so they can rip people out of $600 on a pos game system, that will be replaced next year when Microsoft decideds to build something even better.

I am interested in seeing what the Wii will do in sales, espically at the price they are selling them for.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm

Furniture or Wii

So tough...I can't keep playing CS from my couch... :bang::bang:

Well, we ordered one through the Toys R Us website (huh... where is my backwards 'R' key?). It's an action bundle with 5 games. I'll let you know if it rolls in.

Kru... how's Zelda on your first impression. I'm ( and my 7 year too) a big fan of those.

Also Kru... and anyone else in possession of a Wii

Our bundle comes with a 512 memory card, a controller, and supposedly a nunchuk controller.

From what you are experiencing, what additional accessories should we consider now? I want to get some classic controllers for our GC games for the kids... can the thing run 4 of these? Also, can the system accept input from multiple remote/nunchuk controllers? Are there games that this would be useful for?

SS

All the console bundles are done pretty much online. In stores they usually don't do it that way. We just bought the system and Zelda, and we have no memory card for it. The Wii has two panels on top for 4 Gamecube controllers and two memory cards. It has a sensor bar for the controller that plugs into the back of the system and you can move around where you want.

Hmmmm

Furniture or Wii

Well, we ordered one through the Toys R Us website (huh... where is my backwards 'R' key?). It's an action bundle with 5 games. I'll let you know if it rolls in.

Kru... how's Zelda on your first impression. I'm ( and my 7 year too) a big fan of those.

Our bundle comes with a 512 memory card, a controller, and supposedly a nunchuk controller.

From what you are experiencing, what additional accessories should we consider now? I want to get some classic controllers for our GC games for the kids... can the thing run 4 of these? Also, can the system accept input from multiple remote/nunchuk controllers? Are there games that this would be useful for?

SS

All the console bundles are done pretty much online. In stores they usually don't do it that way. We just bought the system and Zelda, and we have no memory card for it. The Wii has two panels on top for 4 Gamecube controllers and two memory cards. It has a sensor bar for the controller that plugs into the back of the system and you can move around where you want.

Is the Wii backward compatible with GC controllers? or did you mean the "classic" controller they are offering for Wii...

Hmmmm

Furniture or Wii

SS

Is the Wii backward compatible with GC controllers? or did you mean the "classic" controller they are offering for Wii...

Know nothing about the controller you're talking about, but Gamecube controllers work with it. Would need them to play gamcube games anyway, I would think. The power button on the Wii controller is another cool little thing.

What an adventure Poke went through to get his Wii.

The story begins Saturday night. Poke went out to Best Buy about twenty minutes away from his home. When Poke gets there he sees a tiny line of about ten people. Poke parks and stands in line for fourty minutes in case the store decides to open at midnight. At midnight the store does not open. Poke is sad and leaves to check another store. Poke drives to Frys less than five minutes away and sees five people camping out but the store is not open. Sadly Poke drives away to check more available stores. Poke stops by both EB Games and Gamestop who were open at midnight to his surprise. Both EB Games and Gamestop had Nintendo Wii's!! But they were for pre-order only. Those bastards. Poke is angry now. Poke drives towards home but stops by Target five minutes away from home. There is a line of about twenty people outside target and the store is not open. So Poke drives to ToysRUs in the same shopping area and there is no line but no lights on either. Poke is depressed and returns home to be emo and cut his wrist *not really*.

So Poke has a long day now. Poke wakes up at 5 AM in the morning and gets to Best Buy really early. There are only 26 people infront of Poke so his chances of attaining his Wii is high. The store manager walks out and announces that they only have 24 Nintendo Wii's! Poke's source of information was wrong in saying that Best Buy had a lot of Wii's. Poke thinks his chances of attaining a Wii are still high so he sticks around anyways. From 6 AM to 9 AM Poke waits. At 9 AM Best Buy allows customers in 3 at a time to purchase their Wii's. At 9:35 the Nintendo Wii's are sold out and Poke leaves empty handed. Frys is only five minutes away so Poke drives there and checks. The Nintendo Wii's are sold out. Next stop, Walmart. The Nintendo Wii's are sold out. Ok, maybe Target will have some. The Nintendo Wii's are sold out. Toys R Us maybe? The Nintendo Wii's are sold out. But they had games and controlers. So Poke is very sad now and leaves without buying anything.

After ten minutes or so Poke decides on his last two options. Sears and F.Y.E at the mall. The mall is fifteen to twenty minutes away, not too bad. Poke enters Sears and they didn't even stock up on the Nintendo Wii. What a disapointment. F.Y.E is right next door to Sears but they didn't even open up yet. It is 10:25 and Fye opens up five minutes later. F.Y.E does not have any Nintendo Wii's and there was no line. There is no hope.

Poke walks around the mall and sees a lot of attractive girls. Monsters need to eat so Poke buys a pretsel. It was yummy. Poke walks by EB Games in the mall on his way out and sees a huge line. What the heck, Poke jumps in line in hope of getting lucky. Ten minutes later the EB Game manager comes out and beings counter. Poke listens very carefully as the manager pauses on number 40 for a long minute. Soon afterwards the manager continues counting. Poke is number 48!! At number 52 the manager says "This is the last one". Poke is getting a Wii! Poke is full of energy and extremely happy now. He is getting a Wii! Two hours later Poke is still standing in line but all his energy is gone. A long time later it is almost 2:00 PM. Poke finally gets his Wii! But EB games ran out of controllers.

Poke decides to stop by EB Games, Target, and Toys R Us since they are very small detours on the way home. All three do not have any Wii Controllers. POke is still in a good mood from finally getting his Wii and returns home happily.

Now Poke finally realises what time it is. It is 2:30 PM and Poke has to do homework and study for an exam Monday morning. All that effort and Poke is too busy and has to study. Poke is sad again.

End of Poke's Wii adventures.

*And Yes, i'm talking about myself in the third person.*

Hmmmm

Furniture or Wii

SS

Know nothing about the controller you're talking about, but Gamecube controllers work with it. Would need them to play gamcube games anyway, I would think. The power button on the Wii controller is another cool little thing.

http://www.nintendo.com/wiilarge?gallery=a...amp;currentNo=2

Hmmmm

Furniture or Wii

SS

http://www.nintendo.com/wiilarge?gallery=a...amp;currentNo=2

Ah. Yeah, that plugs into the Wii remote.

I've like got sucked into Zelda for like 4 hours... bed time now! I thought the new controller would feel weird but it was pretty natural and comfortable to use. like you know how you thumbs and/or your fingers hurt from smashing buttons on your controller or what not? Your two hands are free from sharing one unit and well you don't really have to do any over animated movement to do anything... like you see on tv.

I just got to the first temple on zelda...woot! i wish i could still play.

I've like got sucked into Zelda for like 4 hours... bed time now! I thought the new controller would feel weird but it was pretty natural and comfortable to use. like you know how you thumbs and/or your fingers hurt from smashing buttons on your controller or what not? Your two hands are free from sharing one unit and well you don't really have to do any over animated movement to do anything... like you see on tv.

I just got to the first temple on zelda...woot! i wish i could still play.

Can I come over?

I hope there will be a Top Spin game coming out for the Wii. After playing Wii Tennis I aboslutely love it. I have also recently heard that there are at lest 55 hours of gameplay on Zelda:TP and that if you were to ride by horseback across the whole map from one endpoint to another it would take 45 mins. in realtime.

My g/f and I thought this was actually a great idea! You're not just sitting there playing the game with your hands/fingers... You actually move around and whatnot... lots of heavyset ppl might actually become more active!

Ill wait til the hype and prices go down before I think about getting one of these.

My g/f and I thought this was actually a great idea! You're not just sitting there playing the game with your hands/fingers... You actually move around and whatnot... lots of heavyset ppl might actually become more active!

Ill wait til the hype and prices go down before I think about getting one of these.

... I didn't move much when playing zelda... but trying those sports games are hard without pretending to actually do things. You can get the bowling ball to hook left or right with the sensor.

What i like is making a bunch of Mii people

Simple logic:

PS3 is overpriced, and it is already having functionality problems in Japan. In other words, they haven't fixed all the glitches which eludes to a repeat of ps2 reliability (that's a BAD thing). Sony MIGHT be losing money on the system, but I'm not sure I'd count on that, and even if they are, it's their own fault because they aren't using technology that is ideally suited for gaming. (i.e. Cell processor...it can be used, but it aint easy)

Wii is beautifully priced, and has a ton of games at launch. I'm not sure 'bout reliability, but Nintendo has the best track record of any company in the video game market as far as that's concerned; Sony has the worst.

If you're concerned about power and you're a "real gamer" you should really have a 360 and forget the PS3..if you look up some numbers, the 360 has a more powerful GPU with 3 general purpose processors. Sony has one general purpose processor and 6 very very specialized ones. Contrary to Microsoft's believe, these 6 "secondary" processors can be used, but it's VERY difficult to program for. So "real gamers" should be buying 360's if all they want is more power and better graphics.

Me, I consider myself a fairly hardcore gamer, and I'm here to tell you that graphics aren't everything. The Wii is awesome, and I can't wait to play mine (have to wait 'till Christmas), and I wouldn't touch a PS3 with a 11 foot pole. The ONLY way I'd EVER buy a PS3 is if BluRay miraculously wins the format wars.

if you haven't seen the video of "Resistance, the Fall of Man" go watch it and then try to tell me that Gears of War doesn't look better. Go ahead, try. On top of that, some of the monsters and what not look suspiciously similar to GoW...hmm....

Wii for the win! Nintendo forever! :boing:

Thank goodness for that. I would never buy a Wii if the only controller you could use with it was the remote. Now I can reconsider.

Thank goodness for that. I would never buy a Wii if the only controller you could use with it was the remote. Now I can reconsider.

I bet you have never even tried the remote. It works perfectly. Not every game requires you to run around the room with it. Ive been able to play Zelda while sitting in one spot and the controls feel perfect