What Kind of Brain Do You Have?

anonymo

http://www.danharlow.com/blog/2007/10/04/w...in-do-you-have/

Pretty interesting. At first I saw it moving clockwise and then was distracted, looked back and it was moving counter-clockwise. Thought it was a trick so I watched it, downloaded the gif...stared at it, nothing, still counter-clockwise. I managed to get it to go clockwise again by closing my eyes and doing clockwise circles with my foot (right foot) and it worked! Then almost immediately after and right before my eyes (well almost, I think I blinked) it changed back to counter-clockwise.

I've been staring at this for far too long :biglaugha:

(edited)

I see it clockwise.. As I was reading, I breifly noticed it moved counter clockwise and when I looked back it was clockwise..

ahh I closed my eyes and looked again and its counter-clockwise, but then switched back.... This madness!!!

*EDIT

Actually when I first looked it was clockwise, but I now I can easily make it switch either direction i want it to... trick photography..

Edited by NOFX

(edited)

um...I don't think it's an illusion...I think the animation is actually just changing...

*edit*

apparently not, if you open it up in an animated gif editor it all rotates one direction...weird.

Edited by Playaa/Pselus

no no no, all we are seeing is a silhouette of the dancer. When you watch her, you assume one leg is moving in front of the other...Since its all completely black, you really don't know.. So all you to do is force your brain to see it the other way around....EDIT* a good way to do this is to scroll down to where you can only see her legs and feet...

no no no, all we are seeing is a silhouette of the dancer. When you watch her, you assume one leg is moving in front of the other...Since its all completely black, you really don't know.. So all you to do is force your brain to see it the other way around....EDIT* a good way to do this is to scroll down to where you can only see her legs and feet...

Yeah, that definitely helped, now I can make it go either direction. When the leg passes 'behind', you have to imagine its either at 12 or 6'oclock. This'll change the direction.

I was originally right, went left for awhile, then back to right mind and couldn't go back until I read this.

It went clockwise. So I looked and that meant I'm right brain dominant and tend to be more risk taking and imaginative.

But then I thought.. "That's not right" and shrank the window. Re opened it and it went counter-clockwise.

Now I can make it go back and forth.

Just look at her feet. Think of something funny and keep looking. Then think of a complex math problem and look. It seems to change when i do that. So does this make me both left and right brained?