Who is getting Dead Island Riptide? (or need the first one)

looneypumpkin

I can't wait to play the new Dead Island game. I pre-ordered it on Steam, so I got a spare Dead Island GOTY version.

If anyone has yet to play this masterpiece, let me know and if you love me *thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis* much I'll gift it to you! :)

• Like 1

It's amazing. Nothing beats blowing a zombies brains out. Nothing. And if that doesn't oddly, enough, satisfy you, you can always curb-stomp them when they're down.

GC Board Member

It is multiplayer but you can play alone too. I finished most of mine alone because random people coming in would just interfere. I did feel that it lasted a bit too long, but that's probably because I was trying to do all the side missions too. I love the graphics of the island and the beach.

I played the first game co-op all the way through the end and I swear my hand was going to fall off after all that stomping on zombie heads. It was so fun - the only way to do it is co-op! At the time, my video card wasn't great and I couldn't see fire and just little orange numbers that popped up - I kept burning myself. ROFL. Some parts are so zombie infested in the city we were jumping from ambulance roof to ambulance roof. ROFL. Your weapons are awesome if you mod them and there's repair stations in a lot of places - the "Rage" is also awesome if you play the black chick like I did because she has a pistol crazy attack. The boss battles give you heart attacks! Hehe! Definitely getting Riptide - just need time to play it :( Still working on Bioshock.

Edited by Girlzilla

I never finished the first either. I got to the Chapter 5 i think? The one on the streets. It is more fun with your friends. If anyone wwant to finish the first part i can help.

I finished the game alone because I have no friends, I felt like once the game got off of the beach is started going downhill environment wise. If anyone wants to play this game and have a more interesting experience I recommend using a controller and putting the stick based combat on. It's slower to use than jamming the button but you use the stick for all of your weapon movements, so to swing from left to right you move the stick from the left and then to the right. I feel like it made the combat much more exciting, even when I felt things were dragging later in the game.

• 3 weeks later...
GC Board Member

I have played it to almost 100% and beaten it. I might be down for some teaming up with friends when I have time. Aside for being repetitive gameplay of the first, I had no complaints. Seemed to end too soon, where-as the first went on too long. Wished for more than 80 side missions.

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Don't let zombies try to give you kissies!

No matter how cute they are.

DeadIslandGame_x86_rwdi2013-06-2216-51-52-41_zps89f10496.png

DeadIslandGame_x86_rwdi2013-06-2217-36-45-09_zpse905bc5c.png

DeadIslandGame_x86_rwdi2013-06-2300-36-30-53_zps571bc9b1.png

Been playing Riptide with Jack. So far he's gotten me killed a dozen times. lol. He uses the shock mod and I get zapped, or he drives the boat into a horde of zombies that pull me off. rofl. I like this mohawk.

DeadIslandGame_x86_rwdi2013-06-2300-48-43-90_zps6e2d1bc2.png

DeadIslandGame_x86_rwdi2013-06-2217-45-21-14_zps698232c5.png

Lol, his BBQ Blade. My favorite weapon is the "Dangerous Nail Gun." I shoot it into Thugs to slow them down while he whacks them from behind. Then I run up and grab the Nail Gun ammo from the Thug and it makes little squishy sounds. Inspirational tactic right there. Lol.

The suicider meat zombies are the funnies, too, I gotta frap those ones.

Edited by Girlzilla