my 'its stacked' rant

soupp

To all of those who chronically claim its stacked:

When you say its stacked (and your team is losing) your saying:

The other team is better than us

We are worse than the other team

Whats worst is that you are personally saying they are better than you.

So whats the goal of saying that?

Do you want your team to win?

You are killing your teams morale and boosting the other team's.

If you say it when you are losing, do you say it when you winning?

• Like 1

I'm guessing this in a specific account of something that happened tonight, but in most instances I claim a team needs to be scrambled is when the other team has either a huge point lead, and/or they have much more members on their side vs. the other team which has much less members (therefore their knowledge of the !buy system lacks).

Rarely am I on a team that is winning by a ton of points and we don't scramble unless no admins are online. IN that instance I usually PM an admin on Steam for the request.

So when you say "you", who are you referring to?

GC Coalition Member

I agree Soup

So many people come on and see that their team is losing, the first thing out their mouth is scramble.

I wish we could get rid of the point scores and sm_who . People see member and think good well not all members are good ( ie Mercman)

So many times the one who is complaining leaves the team does better .

Scrambling rarely helps. Then for a round or 2 til somebody joins. A little bit of communication helps immensely.

If you dont already have one get a mic and talk to ur teammates instead of just complaining that its stacked.

So to all those that scream scramble, instead put that energy in to helping your team maybe you 'll do better.

I cant say for sure but i think sometimes people wont give it their all just so the team they are on doesnt do good so they scream scramble

The reward for good teamwork should NOT be a scramble

my 2 cents

GC Board Member
(edited)

I usually only complain when it's all new members who don't speak english, have mics or speakers verses all members who know how to work together and rush through a map like pros. But it's really hard to solve that situation and moving them to the other team would be frustrating for them as well. Just gotta deal with it most of the time.

But in that situation, swapping a few who agree to it I think is ideal and helps out both sides a lot more.

Edited by looneypumpkin

I usually remind people that no game will ever be even, there will always be a losing team when playing a team vs team game and also that its again just a game.... But there are always those people who cry stacked and scramble regularly.

Admin on or no admin, people should be volunteering to swap over to a losing team if they need the help.

I wish we could get rid of the point scores and sm_who . People see member and think good well not all members are good ( ie Mercman)

kekeke i'd play under like 5 new aliases

no one sends me points unless they know who i am tho..even when i spam !np

i send points to whoever types the np command. usually i wont send it because someone beats me to the punch because of how i have my keys set up. i take a second or two longer to actually start typing. then again i use the slash command so no one sees it besides admins.

I agree the "its stacked" complaint comes out way too much. I also think score makes no difference. All I care about is getting my team to the saferoom and stopping the other team from getting there. But...when teams end up having 9 members on one side and 3 on the other (with 7 people that bought the game on sale this week and don't understand English), the game becomes ridiculous and no fun for anyone. That is why I swap myself, or ask for others to swap, or do a scramble vote.

We should have an achievement for the first person to yell out who Swat is (when he is under a new name)

• Like 2

As probably the most prominent Admin here, there have been many occasions I have seen with so many regulars and members being stacked that even a scramble-vote doesn't do any justice and whilst we are on the matter, 99% of the time the scramble-vote is useless; even when I've asked players to volunteer to swap, I'm met with disdain, and when I do swap a few people around they either go to spec and re-join their original team or rage.

Maestro got his own wine cellar...can't compete against that!

I don't believe a scramble is warrant when scores are lopsided. It happens in a lot of games even with members equal on both side and people still ask for a scramble. It also can be due to a few trolls messing up the beginning of the maps. A lot of other variations could also do the same. Scramble should be reserve only when one team has less members compare to the other one. Scores is not a good indication of balance.

And finally, manually switching certain members to the other team should be the last, last, last llassstt thing to do to balance the teams. I find it to be forceful, selective choosing the skill individual player (other people might find it offensive) and putting stress on that individual. Unless the person ask to be switch then go ahead ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

its not so much about the amount of members...i'd say about 95% of the time i can predict which team will win because i know almost each member's skill level

And finally, manually switching certain members to the other team should be the last, last, last llassstt thing to do to balance the teams. I find it to be forceful, selective choosing the skill individual player (other people might find it offensive) and putting stress on that individual. Unless the person ask to be switch then go ahead ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

this is pretty annoying - its basically a 1 person scramble - why not just scramble everyone for the sake of being fair

Score is not real important, with people leaving and joining all the time, the team with the low score can be the one that is "stacked" at some point.

I would like it if when a member joins, instead of kicking the non member with the least amount of time on the server, it kicked a non member on the team with the least amount of members on it. Obviously non-members may be better than members, but in general it would help.

When I try to balance by swapping a player, I never swap members with each other (unless they are asking), I usually swap a member with a non-member/non-regular, and I explain it. I haven't seen anyone complain about it. More often though, I wait until someone leaves and its 10v9 or less, then swap the person over. This is assuming the member is willing to swap.

Score is not real important, with people leaving and joining all the time, the team with the low score can be the one that is "stacked" at some point.

I would like it if when a member joins, instead of kicking the non member with the least amount of time on the server, it kicked a non member on the team with the least amount of members on it. Obviously non-members may be better than members, but in general it would help.

That's a really good point and idea PB&J....since !jointeam is now a random placement if teams are even, why not make it so that it puts that person on a team with less members? And if teams are even make it random. I know the !infected and !survivors was removed because it no longer works...and I think you did that to try and eliminate stacking.

I try to ask for volunteers from our members when a team is under manned or under skilled, I try to never force someone to join a different team.

I use to just pick someone now I just ask there are a handful of people always willing to switch. Sometimes I will say if no one does ill just pick someone, expect gotyour6, I just tell him he's switching lol.

I try to ask for volunteers from our members when a team is under manned or under skilled, I try to never force someone to join a different team.

I use to just pick someone now I just ask there are a handful of people always willing to switch. Sometimes I will say if no one does ill just pick someone, expect gotyour6, I just tell him he's switching lol.

Well, that was rude of you.

I've seen both ways. Sometimes people are willing to swap and sometimes they aren't. Unfortunately swapping players usually doesn't seem to work just because instead of one or two players getting swapped over, it seems like all the best players usually go over and then the teams become totally unbalanced in the opposite way. I do think that is usually a better choice than completely scrambling both teams, though.