Counterstrike Timeline

gOOters

I dont even know what iteration I started with. Does anyone know where there is a timeline showing the different versions, their dates and what changed between them? I started playing right after the colt lost its scope, I think.

Beta 1 Baby...the day it was released :) every gun had 250 bullets in reserve, and the only way to tell the difference between Terrorist and CT was sleeves.... Not to mention, FF was FORCED on, and being one of the first NON-deathmatch mods out there its was quite rough through the first two betas.

mid 1.3 on my old 56k... I could only play on Alpha... and on Delta only if there were fewer than 6 people playing. Once teh 7th connected, my ping rose above 400 and I was kicked. Man that was back in late 2000 I think.

I rember getting the alarm code for my office at work... and sneaking in and hooking up to the DSL there for the East vs Midwest :) That was fun.... first organized play for me :boing:

Um, September 2001, like the first day 1.3 came out, my friend told me about it, so I bought CS, and played. Played non-stop Feb-Aug 2002 when I got my first "good" comp. Kinda died down when 9th grade started, and now I barley play, if ever.

Edited by rackish

Well... technically... the first time I played CS it was at a friends house... he was all like "check this Counter-strike mod out" I think it was... 1.1 not sure... I think it only had pistols at the time. I honestly am not sure. I thought it was stupid... lol.. played it for like 20-30 minutes.... Then Raiden, and Raven got me back into it... I wasn't even sure which mod they were talking about when they asked me to play.

Beta 7 or 7.1    Those were the good ole days....  As_highrise, de_silo, cs_arabstreets (yum)  Can we go back to those days?  please....  :D  :wavey:

Agreed! I wasn't here yet though. I came here RIGHT after Lucky Charms.