Trying to get into shape

rackish

I didn't even see it yesterday Homer.

Sunday was my only day to not walk, but I did play frisbee with my friends and with their horrid throws I was running everywhere

I just tested today and my block walk is exactly 1/2 of a mile...not too shabby and part of it's uphill.

as for the milk...I used to drink 2%, now I do skim and 1/2% and I drink Simply Orange orange juice which is the same thing as fresh squeezed minus the pulp.

oh, and I've lost a pound already.

BOOYAH!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

believe me...I have a picture of my graduation day where I was 225lbs...and I LOVED how I looked...so when I hit 200...I will be ecstatic...anything less than 200 and I'd look weird...like I said it's been since I was 14 that I was under 200lbs...at 14 I was 5'10" and 200lbs....now I'm 6'2" and 285...

I'm 6'1" and about 150lbs or so. my goal is to be a solid 175lbs before the end of the summer, which will be about fragfest. with the kind of work i'll be doing this summer and the fact i've cut smoking out of my life maybe for good this time, i might actually get there. as hard as it is for you guys to lose weight, it's just as hard for me to gain weight. genetics are biznotch's, eh?

Edited by lance

I am eating less, trying to cut out fatty and high-carb foods (not trying exceptionally hard, just making more of an effort), and trying to be more active (walking, pushups, etc). The big help is when I got the flu and lost 20lbs over a week period. That was in Dec. I know this is no way to lose weight, but I have kept it off and have actually lost a couple more since then so that is a start.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

That'll get the job done Homer :P

Also eat the chicken so you can look like :fatty:

Er.. :tired::crazy:

Heh, I really didnt know that soda affects you so much... I can drink like a 12 pack an hour... I am so glad I have no money to spend on it, its all water from now on. I want to run but theres so much freakin snow that it would be more like trying to run through knee deep mud.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Shush vain, the snowbanks here are over 3 feet high and I'm still going out. I have doubts you get the same amount of snow as me (or even the same temperature for that matter) :D.

Guest k3n
Guest k3n
Guest k3n
Guests

The Navy says...

Swim. Swimming doesn't put stress on any muscle like running does. It is a lot tougher then running too, it works a lot more muscles. If you can swim a mile everyday you will lose a lot of weight. Once you lose some weight start running and lifting weights. Lift lightweights to start, and if you prefer move to heavier ones. But fair warning...

If you start lifting you cant stop or you will get the fat right back. I used to do that all the time, now i gave up on lifting and i run about 20 miles a week. I am 5'5 weigh 156lbs. But the navy considers me overweight by 16 lbs. But I am the fastest runner on base with a 8.36 mile and a half... kinda sad.

yeah I hope to swim when the weather gets warmer.

guess what guys...I HAVE had a few soda's lately...but only 2...on 2 seperate days.

The big news is that the other day I was on the way home itching to play a video game and after having a horrid day. I did NOT want to walk...and for me when I dont' want to do something I don't.

BUT I DID ANYWAY!

blam.

yeah I hope to swim when the weather gets warmer.

guess what guys...I HAVE had a few soda's lately...but only 2...on 2 seperate days.

The big news is that the other day I was on the way home itching to play a video game and after having a horrid day.  I did NOT want to walk...and for me when I dont' want to do something I don't.

BUT I DID ANYWAY!

blam.

THATS THE WAY TO DO IT!

DO IT ANYWAY!

That's a huge step!

well im not trying to gain or lose weight.... im 6'1" and weigh 150.. im not really bulked up but im very fit and in shape. i really like my body just the way it is. i suppose it would be kinda nice to be all bulked up but i really just like myself the way i am. and the girls dont seem to have a problem with it either.... this is kinda off the subject but does anyone have a web site that i could upload the pictures of my special forces training too? so that i can post them here? i wanted to put them on congregations web site so i could show all ya'll when i got back but his site expired. oh well if anyone would be willing to do that just send me and email at philip_e15@hotmail.com. thx a bunch. ttfn

S.S.

HEY!

where's the nagging? you guys let me slack off lately...I've had multiple soda's and haven't walked in 4 days (though I was out of town for 3 of those).

jerks.

:angry:

(in case you didn't realize...nothing is ever my fault)

get ur arse going playaa...and you better do double tonight

i start tonight as well...i cant grow anymore.... 6'4" 295 lbs.

wish me luck.

HA!

funny thing is I walked twice as hard tonight before reading your post.

:D

and good luck mang