What do you do?

Fatty

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate my job. I work Supply Chain/Logistics from an Engineering perspective for Mods on the F/A-22 Raptor.

If God decides its in his will, I will be a prototype/model engineer for wind tunnel testing and will build the models (some are pretty huge) that my company uses to test the flight worthiness of their flight test designs.

Anyone that wants to toss up a prayer for me getting the new job is welcome to :)

I don't hate my job...after being in may companies this is one of the best I've had yet. Hit 4 years two days ago.

Software Engineer. Coding in Java on Websphere right now...java, javascript, html, css, jsp. Building web apps obviously ^_^

I taught 2nd grade for 9 years, and am now in my second year in the 5th grade.

LOL, everything is so much clearer now...

I'm a 5.5 year Electrical Engineering student at South Dakota Statue University (this semester I'm taking 3 generals and 1 Power Electronics course...just so I feel I'm not wasting my time).

I'm also a student electrical engineer for Sports Products manufacturing for Daktronics Inc. which is a world leader in the design, construction, and supply of large scale dynamic communication displays...in otherwords we make really big fricken video boards for sports venues, roadway traffic signs (i.e. I-80 West closed from mile ect ect, due to ice, ect ect...expect delays ect ect), and custom/standard scoreboard assemblies for just about every organized sport you can think of.

Some of the latest work our video products departement has done is the construction of the new Coke sign in Time Square in New York. Here is a PDF of our internal news letter about it..

And also I work as a Crew Chief on F-16C's for the South Dakota Air National Guard. This is my 7th year...just reinlisted this summer.

I'm a .Net software developer for Adaptive Solutions Group (a contract company) currently on a position with Avanade, a company co-owned by Microsoft and Accenture. I'm currently working on a Voter Management System that will assist states in keeping voter registrations and information more organized and in a uniform way throughout the state. We've already sold the product to 7 states.

mostly though, I'm a bum

I've been a line/prep cook at a local family owned restaurant for almost 8 years now (started when I was 15). But I'm also a college student and will graduate in December with my degree in forensic chemistry. Then I'll probably be working in some state police crime lab doing either drug chemistry or firearms identification (what most people call ballistics).

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Computer technician. I am the technical manager here. Fix computers. Build computers. Spyware removal expert (as I am known around here). Fun job, crappy pay.

I am a Senior Program Manager with the largest telecommunications company in the world. Right now I am managing a bunch of projects throughout the Asia-Pacific region, mostly in Australia and Singapore at this time. I love my job, I work from my house and just got a $1500 bonus today from my Director.

The only downside is the slow advancement due to working from home, it is slower to build some personal relationships over the phone. But I am content until my youngest starts 1st grade, then I will push for a Director position.

Im a 5th year college student, majoring in Computer Science. My concentration is networking. I want to go into network engineering when I graduate. Honestly, I would rather throw my computer out the window and major in Geology. BB's job sounds like the shiznit. But seeing how Ive already spent 5 years here. It would take me about 2 more, not including this one to get a geology degree.

I own a small busines selling fasteners. I put about 15 housewifes to work putting small fasteners together. But ive been selling nuts and bolts to the Government for the last 2 yrs and will probably concentrate mostly on that.. Some of the fasteners you get at the hardware store have my finger prints on them..

Ive worked for radioshack now for 2yrs. next year i plan to go into manager training and then see where they decide to put me managing. Very good pay for me even when i started at part time i was making as much as some did full time. good buisness to work up the ladder in.