I need your Prayers

Yeah, check the link in my sig as well as many others who have "Danielle" links.

A decent time for an update:

Danielle is holding up fine, according to Kel. I've been sick with something so I had to move out and stay at my parent's house for the last 6 days. I think I'm healthy today so I'm heading back home.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also I must say, at your age you need to take that Centrum Silver every day to boost your immune system and drink your milk so when your cane slips and you fall you don't break your hip.

My uncle always said learn from what others do. That and 'stupid is as stupid does'.

I'll make sure I learn from you Preach...'cept for the women's clothes thing. That's just creepy.

Does your wife know about that??

I read alittle of this everyonce in a while.. I think this is my first post in the thread, it's alway been alitte scary and intimidating at the same time. But just to let you know Duke you have always been in our prayers! My family in laws are in good the big guy upstairs :)

TY Mag!!

Please don't hesitate to post (your wife too). You have no idea how powerful words of support are. That's why I try to offer words of encouragement and support wherever I can, it really helps those in need.

If they're in w/ the big guy then I don't have to worry about being forgiven for any trespasses against you...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The wife scolded me over the weekend for not updating in a while. Sorry.

Things are progressing. We got through the last spinal chemo and there was no cancer. She's tolerating her meds fairly well and we've avoided hospital admittings by being hermits. You can't get sick if you don't go anywhere!!! She only has 3 more spinals to go.

We continue to hear scary stories from Kel's support group. The latest is a child who just finished up his chemo and had surgery to remove the port they use to administer the chemo. During that surgery, they discovered some cancer so it was deemed a 'relapse'. 2 & 1/2 years of hell and it starts all over. Try swimming 10 miles or running 27 miles, crossing the finish line and then having someone say, "sorry, start over but swim 20 miles or run 50 miles". There's a lot of hurt in that family right now.

I see so many things going on right now that just seem trivial. Unemployment, divorces, fights, food, money; things that people are dealing with that seem important to them. I just don't care. I'm attributing that attitude to cabin fever so hopefully I will begin empathizing once I can get outside and see some sunshine. Not very Christian-like, though. It makes me wonder how Jesus was able to field so much sickness and disease, and show nothing but love. I just picture him saying, "Send me more!<beats chest>". It reminds me of how short I fall.

Danielle's hair is growing out and she didn't lose her curls. I'll dig up a picture when I get home. The doctors and nurses all said that her hair will probably grow in differently than what it was. I looked back at pictures and it's exactly the same. This too makes me wonder. I wonder if God is giving me a another chance to have life exactly as it was, but with me having the blinders off and appreciating what is important.

You can lose yourself in all of the theoreticals.

Our focus this week is on Kel and the baby's arrival. We'll be going to the hospital this Thursday night and, God willing, have the newest addition to Duke's family on Friday.

I'll post up over the weekend with pictures.

Please pray for the family of that boy.

Try to discern what is important and what is not in your life.

If you have children, give them big hugs and kisses... unless you're sick. :)

Thanks very much for the update. I was close to sending you a pm about Danielle.

You can guarantee that I will be praying for your daughter as well as the family of the boy..and the boy himself.

If you don't mind...our church has a prayer list. May I ask for her to be added to the list?

Psa 34:19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

All I know is that the Lord will take care of us. I guess that is just where our faith comes into play. Remember that Mark 5:25 this woman had a issue for 12 years...and the Lord took care of her. By all means, we pray that your beautiful daughter never has to go through this past her treatments. I guess what I am trying to say...is....I firmly belive that Danielle will be alright. Just have to keep putting her in HIS hands.

I'm glad to hear that things seem to progressing well with Danielle. I continue to keep her in my thoughts.

As for your unwritten concern about your current attitude, don't be too hard on yourself (I detected a note of regret). Never is someone else's problem as important to you as your own. It's a natural tool for self preservation. Jesus may be able to take on the world's troubles but we normal mortals cannot. The best that you can do is take care of yourself and your family. Once you're satisfied that that has been done, you can then move on to someone else. In the mean time, worry only about yourself and your family. Let those of us that have moved passed the need to do so, worry about those around us. It makes us feel useful.

I look forward to the pictures and wish you luck, especially over the next few days.

• 4 weeks later...

I have to say this is also my first post. I've read some of the topic, wasn't here when you first posted, but I've gotta say hang in there man. I'm not very spiritual or religious, heck I'm actually Aethius. But I've been keeping this in my thoughts since I first saw it around a month ago. Let me also say I admire you, and your family. You guys have to be stronger then ever to keep going, I know I'd be in the pits by now.

Well since he can't even spell athiest there's still hope lol. Duke would have been in a constant state of fear and dispair had he not been turning to God with his issues. Sorry to speak for ya Duke, but I think I know ya well enough to say that that is true. I'm just glad that noone needs to believe in God to make His power so great. I would never have made it this far had God not touched my life. Even now I see the hand of God making my life better each day.

Seek and you will find my friend.

Duke I'm glad your little one is doing well. It's always important for us to know that there will always be someone else's situation that makes our problems seem trivial. Blessings

Update:

Duke: caught a cold

Nukem: ditto

Danielle: ditto

Ashli: stuffy but still fighting.

Wife: pending.

Colds suck... and all is well.

Geez, it seems like everyone has one. Mine started out just as a sore throat but now I'm full-blown stuffed up. <_<