a dog maulled my hand tonight

w8t4time

You have pretty nails.

Does your city view uncontrollable dogs as a serious problem? In St. Paul they took loose dogs as one serious problem. A dog attacked my older brother and we had it put down. We could have had the owners pay us TONS of money but we kinda provoked the dog being kids and all. Pit bulls dont take crap

That really stinks w8. While I am an abbid dog lover, I hate it when the owner can't control their dog. Ironically enough there were some workers down at the end of my street cutting down some foliage to build a road to a natural gas station and they gave us a warning about our dog. Apparently even though my dog is incredibly nice and we have an electric fence for it they said that we should put him on a lead. Pffft, I guess that's the opposite end of the spectrum.

Though I also don't really like dogs like German Shepards that much, poodles for the win :)

Edited by Allanon

what exactly where you delivering?

personally, I'd do three things.

1) Contact the police and explain the situation to them.

2) Tell your employer that you would like to blacklist delivery to that house or at least that you refuse to deliver there again.

3) Contact the owner of the dog and tell them that you've done the two things above.

Getting violent toward the dog (even using pepper spray) or getting angry with the owners isn't going to do anything in the long run except make you out to be a jerk too.

I've been around dogs since I was a kid. If you know how to put a dog in its place, it will not mess with you. Usually standing up tall and the tone of your voice is more than enough and works almost everytime... If it doesn't work, I would never try to kill a dog, but I bet if you gave him a good kick in the ribs or punched him right in the face, it would learn it's lesson and never mess with you again.

I have an 80 lbs lab, I dont keep him on a leash because I know he isn't going to hurt anything. The worst he would do is probably lick your toes. He got lose the other day and bolted around the corner, I heard a little dog yelping. My friend thought they might have been fighting and I run to see whats going on and I find a 20 lbs boston terrier chasing Jake around in circles.

Owners really need to train their dogs... If they can't tame a dog, I would hate to see what their kids are like.

Edited by NOFX

what exactly where you delivering?

personally, I'd do three things.

1) Contact the police and explain the situation to them.

2) Tell your employer that you would like to blacklist delivery to that house or at least that you refuse to deliver there again.

3) Contact the owner of the dog and tell them that you've done the two things above.

Getting violent toward the dog (even using pepper spray) or getting angry with the owners isn't going to do anything in the long run except make you out to be a jerk too.

Great advice.

That is a bad bite. I would not deliver there again.

pizza FTW!! the pizza flew about 20 feet and they(dog owners) still snatched it fast off the ground and left money on my drivers seat

yea I am going to find a lawyer. the mom was the one coming out to the driveway she couldn't hold the dog. like I said they meet me in the driveway because of how mean this dog is and it moves fast a german shepard breed to protect to the death? you try to be calm and kick it in the ribs while its attached to you it was kinda a blur I don't remember how the dog got away from me...... the kids about 4 of them(20 somethings living at the parents house) all came out of the house with cocked hats and hip hop looking clothing like they use the dogs for fighting or something not the classiest people in the world but pizza delivery is a dangerous job everyday in the country a driver gets mugged or killed

there are ongoing issues with police and these dogs they(the police) talked amongst themselves but didn't tell me anything only a lawyer will get that info I think they live 3 house from a park where kids play everyday!

I have a scar from when I was 8 years old I was mauled by a dalmation playing fetch with it over and over then as I threw the stick the dog started towards it stopped turned and went straight for my jugler vein in my neck. I love dogs hate mean people that create mean dogs its the owners fault 100%!!

note to self trim nails more often (along the lines of always wear clean underwear).....and yes ewok um wow no---no repeated stabbings and head chopping I will leave that to animal control

Edited by w8t4time

hey dude sorry to hear about the attack. This is a serious matter that should be taken care of immediately. I remember when i was about 10 years old i was riding my bike in my neighbourhood, a dog on a very long lease jumped up and scared me which caused me to fall off my bike, it then scratched me and just missed my eye. The scratch was right below my eye where the eye meets the back of my nose, u know when people have bags under their eyes cuz they're tired....yeah right there. the dog was actually a golden retriever puppy. I yelled at the neighbours and told them where to go but they didnt seem to care. I was lucky that i didn't lose an eye that day.

But yeah maybe carry a tazer with you for protection...hey if it works on humans...it's gotta work on dogs too. Sometimes animals have to learn the hard way.

I've been around dogs since I was a kid. If you know how to put a dog in its place, it will not mess with you. Usually standing up tall and the tone of your voice is more than enough and works almost everytime... If it doesn't work, I would never try to kill a dog, but I bet if you gave him a good kick in the ribs or punched him right in the face, it would learn it's lesson and never mess with you again.

I have an 80 lbs lab, I dont keep him on a leash because I know he isn't going to hurt anything. The worst he would do is probably lick your toes. He got lose the other day and bolted around the corner, I heard a little dog yelping. My friend thought they might have been fighting and I run to see whats going on and I find a 20 lbs boston terrier chasing Jake around in circles.

Owners really need to train their dogs... If they can't tame a dog, I would hate to see what their kids are like.

Good point, but your dog gets you a beer out of the fridge (I've seen the video) so he is different (special).

Nuff said...

Edited by BushMaster

I believe the dog now needs to be tested for rabies...I would bet that is a good place to start. I'd guess that would be at least a PITA for the owners:)

Sorry bout the hand man. Looks like it hurt. I'd be tinkled...and in pain.

I'm glad your ok, but what is that stuff under your nails?

And I must say, looking at your hand only makes me want to see whats up the rest of that arm!!

Leave it to Batman to creep everyone right out! lol

Yeah...forgot about the rabies

RABIES IS 99.9999999999% FATAL!!!!

Just thought I would remind you, people tend to brush off the dangers of rabies if left untreated.