why do you guys like mac so much?

Cujo

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take screenshots of different portions of my screen, objects, windows, menus, etc. with my PC with 2 clicks....

I don't even have to use my right mouse button....lol

Of course, I use Paint Shop Pro to do it...but hey, I didn't pay for it, work gave it to me! :-)

I might have to check out ZD's magic OS. :-) I used Red Hat back in the day...it was nice

M2 is on an all fruit diet by the way... :-)

I mean, if it weren't for the fact that I got OS X with my Macbook...Ubuntu would definitely be my primary operating system.

however...OS X is still better (unless you are completely broke...then Ubuntu wins hands down).

also...I love my Mac.

if osx didn't have an intervention with me about windows, i'd be in the linux world, too. not ubuntu, though. it's not linux unless it's hard and ugly, and ubuntu is neither.

it's like getting to the top of everest by taking the elevator. kind of cheating.

I'm pretty impartial here. I love my PC, and will continue buying PCs, but few machines can truly compare to my IIe. There's a powerhouse and a half. Nothing like playing CS in pure green and black. Gosh, now I'm drooling.

I'm pretty impartial here. I love my PC, and will continue buying PCs, but few machines can truly compare to my IIe. There's a powerhouse and a half. Nothing like playing CS in pure green and black. Gosh, now I'm drooling.

He has an excellent point...the Apple IIe was the best machine Mac has ever made....I miss Captain Goodknight...

i might get a mac to replace my laptop and then bootcamp xp install.

my reasons for getting it would be because you guys just won't shut up and i want to see what all the fuss is about. if i hate it however, you guys will have to acknowledge that my opinion is the right one and give up pushing mac on us poor pc users.

also, i want to expand my horizons for tech support purposes. we get probably 5-10 calls a month for mac support in my area.

Didnt you start this war(thread)?

Not our fault

DEATH TO XP!

not intentionally. i was merely posting to get feedback on the articles. it turned into what it turned into for whatever reason.

(edited)
Didnt you start this war(thread)?

Not our fault

DEATH TO XP!

not intentionally. i was merely posting to get feedback on the articles. it turned into what it turned into for whatever reason.

Cujo, "I didn't know tossing that lit cigarette into the barrel full of gas-soaked rags would start the fires from damnation to light up!"

I enjoy the tension, and your guys positive (supportive) insults towards the rival's OSs and not each other.

go linux

<runs>

Edited by ZesteR

I bought my Alienware right before the merger...it uses a motherboard that aren't in any of the other Dell notebooks.....so yeah--while I'm not exactly blown away by Alienware tech support--I like my laptop :-)

I wouldn't buy another one though--not after seeing the build quality of the Asus notebooks. My wife's is pretty sweet, I must say. If I were to buy another gaming laptop, I think I might try Voodoo PC.....I mean, why not?

...If you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you, :P

is this bridge you speak of aesthetically pleasing? is it a nice pretty anodized silver color? does its operating system crash less often than other bridges?

if so...do want.

:spin2:

...If you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you, :P

is this bridge you speak of aesthetically pleasing? is it a nice pretty anodized silver color? does its operating system crash less often than other bridges?

if so...do want.

:spin2:

Please don't try to use the Mac crashes less then Windows so it's better Playaa... because that's not true :D

proof please.

in my limited experience, OSX is much much much more robust than Windows.

I will admit that for the average user, Windows XP is just fine and dandy and doesn't crash all that much. It's for people like me who constantly mess with drivers and settings and strange programs that it doesn't always work beautifully.

It's for people like me who constantly mess with drivers and settings and strange programs that it doesn't always work beautifully.

At this point in the "Great Debate" every PC user's head asploded as playaa divided by zero.

I thought that if you messed with drivers, settings, and strange 3rd party applications on a mac that Steve Jobs sent out his hit squad to beat down your door, beat the ever living crap out of you, then erase your memory of the events that just transpired.