How intelligent are you?

alvin

wasn't there a topic with this link about a month ago? maybe longer.

anyway I ended up scoring in the low 20's (and no I didn't look them up Fatty)

it actually get easier the longer you stare at it...I worked on it all day long at work off and on (i.e. I didn't try for just 10 minutes then post my score)...so keep at it Mags...you'll get more of em.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it actually get easier the longer you stare at it...I worked on it all day long at work off and on (i.e. I didn't try for just 10 minutes then post my score)...so keep at it Mags...you'll get more of em.

Sure, but is that how it's supposed to be done? Who knows. I went down through, filled out 15 of them and then was done.

However, it's the same old story about these things...everytime we have a test like this, more than half of our people are extremely smart... just bothers me cause i hate to assume people are fibbing, but at the same time, how can I believe we're over half genius around here?

I mean, I want to believe people when they post...but logic tells me I can't due that....so then I'm left with a very high level of doubt...and I hate thinking about anyone like that. bleh.... I'll just note all these super smart people and then I'll bring someone to test them at FragFest. :)

Now, if we all want to scan our IQ test results from school, we could do that....

*do

Realistically the test is just not that hard. I spent around an hour looking at it, going in no particular order and filling things in as they came to me. Some I guessed on (I don't really know how many books in each testament). Given enough time to ponder these, I think most of us could get a pretty good score.

A test like this can't measure your abilities. That is, unless, it is just part of a more expansive exam. There are IQ exams online that hit more broad subjects and thought processes, and can be more reliable.

How is that for an explanation fatty? Perhaps we just have a large number of people that can figure out what a few numbers and letters mean. After all, why shouldn't we? Most of us have spent time online where people use abbreviations all the time. T2UL.

I got 15...I'm just amazed (once again) at how many geniuses we have around here.....

....or people that can slap one of those into our google search and get the answer sheet on the first link.....

(ps. this means I don't believe many of the presented scores)

awwww shucks, yer just sore cuz you aint as fart a smeller as the rest of us :hihi:

A test like this can't measure your abilities. That is, unless, it is just part of a more expansive exam. There are IQ exams online that hit more broad subjects and thought processes, and can be more reliable.

How is that for an explanation fatty? Perhaps we just have a large number of people that can figure out what a few numbers and letters mean. After all, why shouldn't we? Most of us have spent time online where people use abbreviations all the time. T2UL.

We might, yes...but I'm guessing not to the extreme. This happens with each topic we have that involves any sort of "go do this and see what you get" type activity.

but I'm also cynical about one-upmanship in things like online games, etc....(i.e. penquin toss, etc whatever)...I think most have started posting screens, etc...just to prove.. because it might be a common understanding that people just tend to make it up and in order for someone to believe you you gotta have a screenie?

dunno...carry on.. :spin2:

for reference sake, the disclaimer at the bottom of that test:

Believe it or not, this type of test can be a good estimate of intelligence (if you excuse the cultural bias).

People who did well on this type of test are likely those who are gifted with verbal ability and linguistic pattern recognition.

This sort of assessment would discriminate against those with non-linguistic pattern recognition (like solving jigsaw puzzles)

and spatial intelligence (like the ability to use a map or see hidden figures in a drawing).

also...it's an intelligence test done on the internet...not really gonna be very difficult.

also for reference sake: the principle of my high school once told me that I had the highest IQ of anyone that had ever been to my high school...this was the same year that 5 of the students in the grade above me got a 36 on the ACT (where the highest possible score is a 36). This was in the middle of a lecture she was giving me about how I was too lazy to use my full mental abilities. I'm not telling this story to make myself look good, I'm telling to say that I am smart, but lazy and unmotivated...smart, lazy, unmotivated people tend to be very good at being "geeks"...geeks play video games. I have found that generally, people who are geeks or play video games frequently tend to be of above average intelligence. So it IS likely that this place is full of a bunch of very smart people.

I'm giving up at 13...i expect bonus points for getting the fahrenheit one right even though i spelled it wrong 198.3 times...oh and 18 hillbillies on a gamerscoalition didn't work either...jeez...9 provinces in south africa...what?

i got 13.

i did lik 7 of the easiest ones first, then like duma more answers came to me. the alphabet one came into my head wen i started to hum out a song.

and wow some of them i had no chance and some of them made me look dumb

Sure, but is that how it's supposed to be done? Who knows. I went down through, filled out 15 of them and then was done.

However, it's the same old story about these things...everytime we have a test like this, more than half of our people are extremely smart... just bothers me cause i hate to assume people are fibbing, but at the same time, how can I believe we're over half genius around here?

I mean, I want to believe people when they post...but logic tells me I can't due that....so then I'm left with a very high level of doubt...and I hate thinking about anyone like that. bleh.... I'll just note all these super smart people and then I'll bring someone to test them at FragFest. :)

Now, if we all want to scan our IQ test results from school, we could do that....

Didnt take this yet, but in school I got a 28 on the A.C.T. I was told that was pretty high and some of the teachers looked at me differently ( I was one of them leather jacket cig smokin long hair types)

just took it : CORRECT ANSWERS: 19 / 33

I had enough at that point

Edited by Laz.e.rus

18/33

AFTER I got lucky with the 52 C in a P (W J)

I realized the last 5 were not going to come easy and figured that 18/33 is the natural limit without beating my head against a wall and taking too much time. I'm dieing to figure out some of these other wierd ones. My problem is coming up with things. I mean aren't there 8 toes/talons on an owl for pete's sake?!?!?!

BA! I gave up and looked at the answers. Their prepositions stink. I wouldn't have used "in" for a few of those.

Edited by Chief

actually it does have some issues with spelling and not giving you the correct answer. When I first did it I got one of them right, then a coworker of mine put in the exact same thing and he got it wrong...then I put it in again and got it wrong the 2nd time.